Suspect Package

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pitster, Aug 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, I haven't seen this myself, but Mrs. Pitster has seen the video, and I think she's trustworthy...

Mrs. Pitster works 'somewhere in the UK' as a Vet, and as they have drugs on the premises there is CCTV covering the outside of the building, the video from which substantiates this. The other day her boss noticed a car parked on the opposite side of the road, which did a U turn and deposited an object on the pavement, and as the local constabulary had recently made terrorism-related arrests in the area they were called, and 4 or 5 attended the scene.

Without closing the road they stood around in a huddle looking at the object (I think it was a briefcase) and muttering to each other. Mrs. P has seen this on the CCTV video - at one point one of the rozzers actually bent down and put his ear to the object. Can one of the ATs on the site let me know something? Do IEDs tick in real life, just like in cartoons?

Anyway, I thought it was funny and so share it with you here. Although now I’ve read it back it doesn’t seem nearly so amusing. Anyone who knows me will probably think this is par for the course, but it’s the first time I’ve started a thread – I didn’t go to Cuddles party because I’m so new (and have nothing interesting to talk about)