• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Survival situation.Ray Mears V Bear Grylls

Mears no way Jose, its ya man Bear he can do everything Mears can do on the survival side plus he's got special forces experience that Mears has'nt ...hands down winner Bears the man

warrior8234mkIIIA2 said:
If these 2 found themselves in a 100% proper survival situation, who would win ? I know who my money is on.£50 on Mears please.
Mears does have the "survival physique" which when all things are considered is what will carry you through.

Neither are a patch on Les Hiddins or 'our Lofty'.

My money is on bear, I have seen him eat some nasty things. Mears seems to spend all his time making Canoes and stuff, probably expends more calories than the value, but then he does look a bit chunky. Maybe he stores up before he films the edpisodes

Was'nt it called " Staying alive with Lofty Large" I used to be sat infront of the telly after school with me beans on toast waiting for him to come on...what a guy ...yep he if got involved it'd be

1. Lofty Large
2. Bear Grylls

3. Ray fatty Mears

No doubt abaout it

If you did find yourself in trouble and having to survive, it'd be a whole lot more "luxurious" with Ray Mears there with you making the shelter and doing the cooking - it'd only be Bear if you didn't care what you ate!

Taffnp said:
My money is on bear, I have seen him eat some nasty things. Mears seems to spend all his time making Canoes and stuff, probably expends more calories than the value, but then he does look a bit chunky. Maybe he stores up before he films the edpisodes

Mears would build a 5 star hotel out of some twigs and pocket fluff and be charging Bear £300 per night to stay there until the rescue party turns up.
Plus Mears knows where the pie tree grows.

The_Terrible_Twins said:
Was'nt it called " Staying alive with Lofty Large" I used to be sat infront of the telly after school with me beans on toast waiting for him to come on...what a guy ...yep he if got involved it'd be

1. Lofty Large
2. Bear Grylls

3. Ray fatty Mears

No doubt abaout it
Lofty Wiseman is the survival guru

Les Hiddins seconded, walks around in the Ozzie bush with a hoofin' girt Mess Webley in case the 'natives get restless' gathering 'Bush Tucker' and spinning yarns about Colonial explorers getting lost and ending up in the Aboriginal Hot Pot.
Ex OZ Army Major created the Australian Armies bush survival course. NAILS.
PS

i saw a programme once where Ray taught some old ancient tribe how to light fires with sticks again because they had used to using lighters and matches and had forgotten the skills.Bear jumps into sh1t pits and frozen lakes !!!!!

Latest Threads