survival qualifications

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by TopCat1308, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. surviving in the outdoors with no more than a knife and a flint....ok everyones read the collins gem survival pocket book which of course makes everyone an expert!

However, should one like a little certificate which say 'instructor' who may have a spare line on their c.v. where would they get such a qualification??

i know trueways provide good courses with a pretty badge at the end but are there any other companies which will 'train to instruct' as it were.

And no response sh8tty lectures about how it takes a lifetime of experience before you can fully regard yourself as knowing anything at all about surviving please thankyou :D
  2. Give Bob Spore a ring
  3. Knives are now banned. They are dangerous you no and are the only cause and driving factor behind people stabbing each other.

And I think you are on to a loser with flints too. They can be pretty sharp too, and thrown through window.s

There is no place for you in todays lairbour dystopia.
  4. haha, i was pulled over in the hills of dumbria last month a few questions later lead to the question what kit i was carrying and whether i have a anything i wasn't supposed to. He elaborated and proclaimed 'sharps'. i replied i don't do drugs, he quickly remarked you can't chop firewood with needles. Touche.

Upon showing a nine inch combat bowie, (look up the law if not sure) he asked what i was doing with it, i said chopping wood. And in true parental fashion he replied 'as long as you go straight there and straight back!!'
    I made a big fire that weekend :D