Survival guide for Germany

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bugsy, Jan 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are a pissed up Brit/Squaddie and are living in the urban
    parts of Westphalia, do not annoy the local Turks! Unless you want
    to look like Herman Munster.

I didn't have that problem as I looked a bit like a Turk! :D
    Never have carried a knife in my life though!
  2. I think you'll find that the Turks have a lot of time for Brits in general. When I was living in Kreuzberg (which has a bigger Turkish population than Ankara) in the late Seventies in a gaff with Martin Kippenberger, Jörg Schlick, Gisela Capitain, Klaus Krüger (drummer with "Tangerine Dream"), Hella Utesch, Claudia Skoda and Tabea Blumenschein, I never had any probs at all with the Turks, but the others (all Krauts) sometimes did.

PS. It wasn't really necessary to list all the inhabitants, but I love to name-drop. Google some of those people to see what I mean.
  3. The Spicks used to do drive by shootings at us. We took over from the Green Jackets and the local flip flop heads held a bit of a grudge. Dunno why?

The younger Turks could be a problem if you took them on in their own manor but all in all they were ok if you gave them a bit of respect and didn't try and shag their mums.
  4. Or a bloke who's had a caesarian!

5. Who were they? The German Olympic Bottom touching team?
  6. Well, that's it! And I was the trainer. :D :D :D

Actually they're all famous/well-known for one thing or another. I was the only one who never made it.

7. Bugsy,
    Was that the house, full of hun hippies, that featured in the movie, "Munich". Why didn't mossad cap your arrse?