Surrounded by Lunacy.

For a proper reply sir, I would refer you to my #1559 on the Op Banner Photos thread - I suspect that it will illuminate how one can get shafted by a 'ewe'.:(
Just read it. It's a cracker, just like the ladies you were lucky enough to have attend to your every need. I think, well hope, should I ever be in that position mini me would rise to the occasion. Even if they noticed the ladies would be quite safe. You can't do much with a half inch hard on!

But you can get caught and then...this lunacy happens.
London Teen Who Tried To Smash Car With Zombie Knife Avoids Jail - LBC

We have at present great concern about knife crime and the murder rate by stabbings in our streets.

This is the message being sent????????????????
Cyclist filmed pulling out a 'zombie knife' and smashing a car window in a terrifying road rage row walks free from court

What does he have to do to actually be detained???
Mayor Khan must be so proud of his stance against knife crime.

My bold. IMHO this is the crux of the problem. We in the West (as a very broad generalisation) are so utterly obsessed with being "good" and "right" that we're selling ourselves down the river at a rapid rate of knots.

I was going to write out a list of how we're being consistently and comprehensively outplayed at every turn but it would be too long a list.

Root cause, a soft and decadent society obsessed with whatever the latest crisis for virtue signalling is. Isn't this how Rome fell?
It is a lot like teaching children not to hit back because the bully has rights and feelings, and might be upset. The public are being made passive and losing the will to do things for themselves. Ideas of right and wrong or "does it harm anyone?" are being replaced by "what can I get away with?" The concept of the family (including non married couples, same sex couples, etc) is constantly under attack.

I may have commented on these things before....

It is a lot like teaching children not to hit back because the bully has rights and feelings, and might be upset. The public are being made passive and losing the will to do things for themselves. Ideas of right and wrong or "does it harm anyone?" are being replaced by "what can I get away with?" The concept of the family (including non married couples, same sex couples, etc) is constantly under attack.

I may have commented on these things before....
Question is, what's driving all this? There has to be a root cause somewhere. Your choice of wording is interesting [bold]. By who and to what end?

Countries like China are cracking on at a million miles an hour, not giving a feck about carbon output or what anyone might think of them. Us? We're too busy arguing over who gets to use what toilet.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There is big demand for mutton fed on the Romney Marsh near to me.The "chefs" reckon the salt in the grass helps the flavour. Anyway - it's all about the age of the sheep.
A lamb is a young sheep under 12 months of age. A Hogget a sheep of either sex. Mutton a female (ewe) or castrated male (wether) sheep typically aged between 1 and 3 years
Salt Marsh lamb is a lovely bit of meat, full of flavour.

Question is, what's driving all this? There has to be a root cause somewhere. Your choice of wording is interesting [bold]. By who and to what end?

Countries like China are cracking on at a million miles an hour, not giving a feck about carbon output or what anyone might think of them. Us? We're too busy arguing over who gets to use what toilet.
To be honest I was influenced by a presentation I saw about the Holocaust and how the Jews were made passive by the Nazis. I found that part of the talk very upsetting and unsettling. I do not believe their is a Nazi conspiracy today, but certain big businesses and politicians and some old Cold War adversaries do have an interest in undermining society.

As for transgender and other debates, I wonder if it is 'bike shedding'. People are unwilling or unable to discuss big issues so they talk about niff naff and trivia so they feel (and are seen) like they are doing something. Not unlike the teacher who is unable to deal with the school bully, but punishes the kid who cries 'f***' when he gets kicked in the nuts.

I have started threads with title like 'Integrity' and 'Just Do Something' to try to explore some of these issues. Why not search for them and see what you think?

To be honest I was influenced by a presentation I saw about the Holocaust and how the Jews were made passive by the Nazis. I found that part of the talk very upsetting and unsettling. I do not believe their is a Nazi conspiracy today, but certain big businesses and politicians and some old Cold War adversaries do have an interest in undermining society.

As for transgender and other debates, I wonder if it is 'bike shedding'. People are unwilling or unable to discuss big issues so they talk about niff naff and trivia so they feel (and are seen) like they are doing something. Not unlike the teacher who is unable to deal with the school bully, but punishes the kid who cries 'f***' when he gets kicked in the nuts.

I have started threads with title like 'Integrity' and 'Just Do Something' to try to explore some of these issues. Why not search for them and see what you think?
I read the thread you started on integrity at the time and there were some interesting comments made.

Someone pointed out at the time that integrity is often seen as being on the bandwagon of whatever social justice cause is in fashion at the time. Hence my comment previously around us being obsessed with what is "right" and "good", there seems to be a monopoly on what these actually mean. One of our other issues is that no one is allowed the challenge these ideas without fear of persecution. People have been hounded out of careers for doing so.

So, you have one group who spout off because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy about themselves and another that don't want to speak out because they fear the repercussions. Is your integrity worth losing your home over? Does that make you any less selfish than the Facebook social justice warriors?

To sort this out I think you would need to rip everything up and start again, our systems (such as law) are so mired in sh1te that they've lost sight of the original aim. I'm going to hate myself for saying this but the only public figure at large who has started to push against the current flow is Donald Trump.

People (myself included) laughed at the idea of him ever becoming POTUS but here we are, and that may well be a direct result of years of decline. He challenges opponents as opposed to being apathetic or wringing hands and looking at the floor, his policy of America first is the same as what China, Russia et al having been doing for years. Will we ever see something/someone like him here? Probably not as our national psyche is different.

Despite all of Trumps faults he is a breathe of fresh air bucking the political establishment.

No messing around, he says it as it is and tough shit if you get upset or are offended. I can't say i like or support him, but I do have a grudging respect for the bloke.

Organisations like Common Purpose and an overzealous, politically correct Civil/Public Service?

ugly

LE
If you are near Rye the Salts Farm shop at East Guldeford on the A259 towards Camber have jointed and bagged halves in their freezer!
A mate works as a part time slaughterman and butcher and he often rings with offers!

But you can get caught and then...this lunacy happens.
London Teen Who Tried To Smash Car With Zombie Knife Avoids Jail - LBC

We have at present great concern about knife crime and the murder rate by stabbings in our streets.

This is the message being sent????????????????
Cyclist filmed pulling out a 'zombie knife' and smashing a car window in a terrifying road rage row walks free from court

What does he have to do to actually be detained???
The judge thought he suffers enough living in the ghetto that is Thornton Heath. The way people drive and park on that stretch of road is shocking too. I doubt many of them are driving properly documented or insured.

The judge thought he suffers enough living in the ghetto that is Thornton Heath. The way people drive and park on that stretch of road is shocking too. I doubt many of them are driving properly documented or insured.
Suffered enough...you twat!

And for another ray of sunshine.
Sentence of Croydon 'zombie knife' attacker Joshua Gardner referred to Attorney General

There do at least appear some small nuggets of sanity in the morass of despair the daily paper shovel at us.

One of our trees is shedding all round, the neighbour does not complain, it is an avocado, he can have whatever goes on his side, same with the lemon tree.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer