Surrey Army Cadet Force Cycle Challange 150 Needs Help!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Adieboy007, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In July this year Surrey ACF has organised a Cycle Ride called the Cycle Challenge 150 which will be 150 miles in 48 hours.
    3 Adult volunteers will be doing the challenge as part of the National 150 Anniversary Celebrations, we will be raising money for the ABF and also our own charity SACFA.
    We will be riding through every major town in Surrey and have already had a lot of interest from local press and also Meridian Television, we are also in talks with a celebrity to start and finish the challenge.

However we have one problem we have no bikes!! and I am asking if anyone or there units has 3 road bikes we could borrow for a few months to practise on and also do the challenge with.

If anyone can help please let me know and I will give you more details and my contact information.

Thanks

2. Please let me know if you do have any bikes I am getting really desperate.

Thanks

Adie

3. Have you tried a bike shop, or a company like Halfords? Gives them free PR and offer them a chance of being a sponsor (especially round the Leatherhead area where you have Headley Court and Tyrwhitt House (combat stress HQ))

4. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Why can't the instructors buy their own bikes, or for that matter SACF buy them for them to use.
    If the RSMI is doing the bike ride, I doubt a unit will have a bike small enough.

5. Ask at your local police 'shop' for some advice. They get hundreds of the things - lost / stolen property. With a bit of chat and considering the venture you are about to undertake, they will have or know where some long term unclaimed bikes are due to go to public auction. They may well let you borrow. Get down there and give it a try.

6. Tut, tut, a nasty dig at the bitch from hell :twisted:

7. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

She isn't RSMI anymore.

8. Commissioned?

9. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

I believe so. But not 100% sure. Most have been after being RSMI. Well all except one that I can think of, which is a shame.

10. Hmmmmm... a commissioned dirty little scutter now then...

11. Thank you I tried Halfords and they do not want to know as they have chosen there charity's for the year already, I am going to try the local shops last as I am trying to see if I can get any from the MOD units first.

12. msr

msr LE

Or try a different event for which you have the necessary equipment?

msr

13. Well in the ACF that leaves us with........not a lot! I did not think getting 3 bikes would be so difficult :cry:

14. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Adie, are you a cadet or an instructor?

15. I'm an instructor, a Company Commander.