Surrendered wives - is it just for bullies and bimbos?

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by petite_butsweet, May 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just watched a really interesting programme about women who choose to be totally submissive to their husbands and who take no control in any decision making in the household as they believe that their lives are only there to honour their husbands.

Now some of you will know that I do bang on sometimes about the genders having got all mixed up and people have lost their way in relationships because they don't know what they are supposed to be anymore - so I am quite on the fence on this, I really don't know what to make of it.

Now as a military wife of getting who has clocked up nearly a decade of sole responsibility for pretty much everything I wonder if this would work in our lifestyle - I can't for the life of me see how it could..... But it would be an interesting experiment in our house.

I can really see why marriages improve using this theory.... (they say the family home/dynamic massively improves for everybody)

Imagine never being
    undermined,
    nagged,
    questioned or
    generally disrespected in anyway by your wife.

Imagine also never being denied sex even if you know she doesn't want to! :p

You as the husband are there to provide and for this in return you are honoured completely.

The women on the programme all said that they felt massively feminine by doing this and their happiness really improved. They also said that they enjoyed thier husband choosing their clothes, hair, make - up etc.

So I suppose what I have a genuine interest in is how many of you men would honestly want a woman who was 100% behind you. Never beside you or paving the way for you but behind you........ :wink:

Now I know that there are all the sexual advantages to this ( :twisted: ) but just think about all the decisions and stuff you would be soley responsible for.

Also if you never argue and have someone totally submissive would you get bored and go elsewhere for something a bit different??? :crying:

Or would being KING in your home be all you ever wanted and you don't reckon you would need anything else.

I am expecting quite a lot of banter on this but am genuinely interest in your thoughts on this ........ Who knows Mr Petite may have something he could never have dreamed of to come home to!!! Or of course, come home to his worse nightmare! :wave:

Here is few links to have a look at if you are interested all with different views....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrendered_wife
    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/2554/surrenderedwives.html
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/756287/detail.html

2. Hoo, hoo, just sitting here trying to imagine the effect on husband as I forward all invoices from: school; gymnastic club; fencing club; tennis club; swimming club; cornet teacher; piano teacher - the list goes on - out to Helmand Province. All of them wanting cheques, every half term.

Next, as I sit here with my cup of tea, a dreamy look comes into my eye, as I imagine no more sifting through the mountain of corrspondence that I receive regularly from one son's boarding school (oh boy: if husband is prepared to sew on all those name tapes, I might even be consider it), nor indeed the weekly newsletter from other son's school, listing all those dates that have to make their way into the diary.

All those permission slips too, for visits to the museum, or trips to the local reservoir: yup, all of them winging their way out to Afg. (or even left for him to do every night, when he isn't deployed).

No more shopping for school shoes, training shoes or rugby socks.

No more ordering mouth guards, or remembering to hand in repeat prescriptions for inhalers or antihistamines before they run out.

No more waiting in for DE or MHS: I can just go to work every day, make supper and lie back and think of Daniel Craig.

It gets better: does this mean I no longer have to weed the garden, or put out the rubbish on Wed evening? Will he finally learn the recycling timetable, and remember when to put out the plastic, and when it's the turn of bottles and tins? Woo hoo!

Will he plan all the meals for the week?

Y'know, suddenly, it is all becoming very appealing. Will he find the new school for younger son when we move, check out the Offstead report, find the new gymnastics club, swimming classes etc. (see list above)?

Best of all, will he remember when younger son has piano lesson, singing club, guitar, basket ball or Ocarina Club after school and remember to put the correct kit/instrument /music out the night before?

Will he be in charge of making dental/hair appointments, or remembering that the doctor's surgery operates a drop-in system before 1000? Will he buy the birthday presents and cards for any parties that are imminent?

But, most of all, will he do all of this AND work full time?

Nope, even for sex every night, and no nagging about bergens in the hall, or wet towels on the bed.

The intricate web that connects our lives and keeps them on track (dare I say 'deconflicted') is all in my head. He would need a spreadsheet and a matrix on the computer, just to do the school run.

3. To answer the thread title question;

Yes.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Got to say no I'm afraid. No, really, I must, and yes, really, I'm very afraid.

5. Woo hoo! I'm in!!!

Just don't tell Bickies.