Surprised that vince cable hasn't been mentioned this evening.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by telemachus, Oct 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Vince Cable, the visionary who has predicted 28 of the last 2 recessions. He should retire to prevent any more atrocities.

• Like Like x 3
  2. So will the Limp Dems drop their obsession with disarming the UK now Saint Vince is predicting Armageddon?

3. The missus said to me, shortly after I showed her this "news flash" (whilst watching that Austrian chap throw himself out of space), "well, you can put your tins of bacon grill and 5 litre bottles of water under the stairs, my mum is coming round in the morning & I need to hoover up".

I have been waiting for the 'W' word to pop out of a politicians mouth for some time. Thank you Vince.

4. I read it twice where did he say ******?

5. Very discreetly. He said war, coughed with a clenched fist over his mouth, then quietly muttered "nker".
    I was there mate. Honest.

6. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

But he die mention the fact that we have all been awarded the Nobel peace prize.
    I can't wait for my one to arrive so I can put it on the mantel with my butlins donkey derby trophy I won in 1976

7. Vince Cable is merely another empty vessel funded by the taxpayer. If we could slap a 5" gun and phalanx on the rest of the empty vessels inhabiting the corridors of power we would have the biggest, hardest, most nails Navy in the world.

But even then, I would volunteer HMS Cable for nuclear tests

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

You'd better get over to 'Autumn, Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness' for some advice then.

Oh, and Vince Cable is an idiot, and has now tied his party policies in a knot. Vote for us and get more integration with Europe, with whom we're going to have a war!

9. **** it,I'll mention Vince Cable.

I saw Vince Cable,dancing on TV,last Christmas,he's a competent dancer,the same can't be said for his parliamentary duties.

Is that okay ? :hmm:

10. I have been waiting for some "clear blue water" to emerge between the LibLabCon and it looks like its going to be the EU. The limpdims have also wheeled out carswill and watson over the weekend to stoke up the fear factor of another generation of Brits fertilising flander's fields...all pretty pathetic really, I would prefer some concrete, tangible reasons to stay in...there don't appear to be any outside of the Left's take on the book of revelations.

11. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Same as ever with politicians - when you can't make a good case for staying in the EU (and UK public opinion is moving steadily against it) - resort to scare stories.

Anyone remember how the great AIDS epidemic was going to wipe out 25% of the planets population?

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cameron is all over it. Give the Jocks an indepondence referendum and hope they vote yes.

At a stroke in international law the jocks can take UK out of the EU as the contractual party would cease to exist.

How it works. Since Welsh king first latched Wales on to England. Then later a jock King latched Scotland on to England and Wales ... the entity that would exist to negotiate re-entry to EU would be England and Wales. Independence referendum in England and or Wales would reduce the parties to their original countries.

the Monarchy would have to reign in the component countries of their patrineal heritage. So the Windsors would locate to Scotland, Wales, Germany and Greece.

England would then be out of EU and for the first time since 870AD (on strict interpretation) be free of foreign monarchs.

When the UK ceases to exist then the rights of asylum seekers to stay in England would be extinguished with the simple emulation of the French trickery shuffling them over the next border ... to Wales and Scotland.

The Republic of New England (not to be confused with the US pretender region) would not wish to enter a European war.

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer