Surprise parachute assault on US troops in Kansas.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by EX_STAB, Jul 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Blue on the Blues?

2. Would British bandsmen have stood around in place like that, while other soldiers ran to the aid of their mates?

It indicates either superb discipline under stress, or a failure to understand the situation. Which one would you choose?

3. I would trust that British Bandsmen would have carried on playing!

4. But arent bandsmen supposed to be stretcher bearers and first aiders? an interesting conundrum

5. Nice of him just to plough through the lot of them and not even shout "get the feck out of it "and then scream for a nurse
    Or may be one of the bandies had just got a knee trembler off his misses and it was a bit of revenge :lol: :lol:

6. He won't be doing much parachuting in Guantanamo Bay :lol:

7. I liked the way he went in feet first, to protect himself at the expense of the bandsmen (aka crumple zone).

Whats the legal situation with that? other than the risk of getting filled in, what are going to be the consequences?

8. He'll probably say in court that he was trying to get his feet out of the way but failed due to loosing altitude.

A bit strange that he hit a small band in an open field when half a turn would have been enough to miss them, and wouldn't have taken him too far off the wind line. That is even if he was on the wind line to start with 8O

9. Not anymore that role has been changed.

The trumpet players takes it pretty hard!

Can´t for the life of me understand why the parachutist did that, he could and should have easily missed the band.

As said above, love the way he goes in feet first, with out even a warning! Not even a "duck"!

Surprised the band weren´t kicking fcuk out of him!

10. That's hilarious!!!

American Para Suicide Mong :D

He gets a Presidential Citation and the bandie gets a purple heart - WIN WIN situation there!!!

11. I know golfers shout "Fore" or something when there's danger to others, and climbers shout "Below" as a warning when they drop their little toys. So what do skydivers shout? Anything?

MsG

12. SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!

13. or even

Arrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh, Mmmmuuuuuuummmmmmmyyyyyyy!

14. Could have been a lot worse if it was a Pipes and Drum display he ploughed into, More knives on them than an east-end teenager