Surprise Holiday Souvenirs - What did you bring home?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cernunnos, Jul 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just got back from Spain after three weeks in the sun, soaking up Spanish culture etc.
    I don't usually bother with souvenirs as they are usually all a load of cheap chav tat.

This time though I brought home a blobby knob!

Has anyone else had a surprise souvenir!
  2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

A rather useful and quite attractive child from Portugal?
  3. Aids, but Im cured now...wire brush and dettol!
  4. Amoebic dysentry and salmonella....seperate holidays I do add.
  5. Went to Normandy a few years ago on a recce for a forthcoming battlefield tour of the American beaches (for army educational purposes) and brought back a rock from the Omaha beach (as one does). Kept it in my shed for a year before it started to crumble and saw it had a US grenade inside it (thought it was heavy) it was not primed (still had the wooden bung in it). Silly I know but what a find. Had it emptied and still have it.
  6. Not really a holiday - out in Libya dealing with <cough> "cheeky stuff" - took home a brand new, (70 year old) small oil can with a long spout and a pumpy thing near the handle* I found on what looked like a Brit/Aussie Div Maint Area circa 1940-41. Gave it to my ex REME brother-in-law and warned him if that he polished it up, a Big Fcuk Off Reccy Mech will pop out and hit him with a copy of EMERS.

*Help me out here guys.....Cans, Oil, 1 pint, Soldiers for the use of?
  7. went to Nord Iron once, came back with a wheelchair, Oh how we all laughed. :)
  8. Came back from Kyrgyzstan in 99 with a set of cavalry whiskers and a small rock.

Came back from California in 2000 with a dose and the eternal friendship of some doris (not in that order, and one soon cancelled out the other).

Came back from Sierra Leone 6 years ago with an extra hole in my arrse.

Came back from Italy this year with a selection of Christian Democrat campaign posters.

I must be slowing down...
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Were you not trying to explain away crabs the other month :?

You are a bit of medical disaster area in that department, are you a condom tester for a crap brand or something :?
  10. Yes indeed. My list of excuses was getting a bit thin then. My newest contagion has not done much for my credability as a faithful husband.

Still if she doesn't like it she can always f'uck off like the other four did!
  11. brought back from holiday in the states some ,, pine cone seeds from the f,,off big trees that grow there,,,so in 200 years time people will wonder why theres a 200 ft wide pine tree in the middle of germany,,,,,he he he ....
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Ah, you are a marriage guidance counselor :D
  13. An ak47 black nastied to the chassis of my ftr truck.
  14. No not quite. I think life is to short and brutal to be f'ucked about by some bitch with a monk on. Men were not designed for monogamy. I'm a serial mongamist myself, that means I will only marry one woman at a time, it doesn't mean that I will only f'uck one at a time.

An extra c'ock would be useful though!
  15. Went on holiday in 99 and brought a wife back as well.