Surprise Guest at Manc Wedding - HM The Queen!

BBC News - Queen joins wedding party at Manchester Town Hall March 2012 Last updated at 06:14 GMT Queen joins wedding party at Manchester Town Hall

The Queen dropped in on a wedding at Manchester Town Hall, while touring the city as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

Along with the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen met newlyweds John and Frances Canning who had booked the venue before the royal visit was announced.
The Monarch even posed for pictures with the couple.

The Cannings, from Prestwich, decided to go ahead with their wedding despite the Jubilee events.

The meeting came as the royals attended a lunch at Manchester Town Hall, hosted by the lord mayor.

Earlier The Queen visited Salford and officially opened the BBC's base in the MediaCityUK complex, where she started the BBC Sport Relief Mile for 600 participants.

The royal couple also opened Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, the Royal Eye Hospital, Saint Mary's Hospital and a new wing at the Royal Infirmary.

The visit was part of the Queen's tour of the UK to mark her Diamond Jubilee.
How great would that be?!

Why would she pay the bar tab? You wouldn't drop in and expect to pay for all the drinks!

Ahh, llech, I'd forgotten you're Welsh, so I suppose weddings that involve two people - as opposed to one between a (vaguely) human Welshman and an Artiodactyla - are still a novelty to you.

Ahh, llech, I'd forgotten you're Welsh, so I suppose weddings that involve two people - as opposed to one between a (vaguely) human Welshman and an Artiodactyla - are still a novelty to you.

Hopefully Phil The Greek made an inappropriate comment or two, possibly about smashing the brides backdoors in.

I give them six months before the divorce.
How bad would that be? You split up, first thing you want to do (well, I did anyway) is rip the wedding photos to shreds.... but there's this shot of you with the Queen....

Mind you, I suppose in this day and age of digital manipulation you could just photoshop the ex out.

Personally I'd be a bit unsure over this one. It'd be a little bit difficult trying to tear into the bridesmaids while looking respectable in front of HM.

Not that it'd stop me trying but still. Difficult....

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally I'd be a bit unsure over this one. It'd be a little bit difficult trying to tear into the bridesmaids while looking respectable in front of HM.

Not that it'd stop me trying but still. Difficult....
HRH Phil the Greek (comedy genius) would probably have been cheering you on