Any Dealings?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Jerrycan2793, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think I have been scammed out of 30 quid by this website, Oh Dear
  2. i used them about a year ago. Ordered a watch from there, took well over 2months to arrive, emails werent replied to etc etc
  3. I cancelled an order as they "don't stock that item" - strange, it was on their Web site I said - "no it isn't they said"..

After cancelling the order it arrived 3 weeks later!!

Not the best in replying or communicating
  4. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Don't know if this helps but this is who owns the site: is unavailable

Insight Communications Agency Limited
    24, Rose Alley
    Gharghur., MT NXR02

Administrative Contact:
    Triq L-Imhallef Paolo Debono
    Msida., MT MSD06
    +356.79313315 Fax: +356.21331845

Technical Contact:
    Triq L-Imhallef Paolo Debono
    Msida., MT MSD06
    +356.79313315 Fax: +356.21331845

Registration Service Provider:
    OnDNet Services Ltd,
    ++356.21331845 (fax)

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 19-Oct-2009.
    Record expires on 17-Oct-2010.
    Record created on 17-Oct-2003.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:

Domain servers in listed order:
  5. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I nearly rushed to their defence, but it was Surplus and Outdoors that I'd used - and they were excellent.
  6. Ive ordered an Item well before christmas, after constant emails to them finally got them to email back saying sorry its out of stock, tried to cancel and or get a refund with no avail, its been nearly a month and I either need the Item or the money back to buy the item from somewhere else.
  7. I bought what they claimed was a 'Timex Military Watch' 3 years ago for junior oldmuso starting basic. What they sent was cheap rubbish and nothing to do with Timex. I got a refund okay but not the explanantion I asked for about why they were claiming it was a Timex. Just looked and they still have this watch on their website - the one they sent me looked similar but does not have the word 'Timex' on it.

Bought the genuine article from Argos and it was cheaper!
  8. just stick with the big names, solider of fortune may be one of the more exspencive names in the game but for sevice they are of the chart and they have most of what you need, and dragon supplies, well hats of to them to just great for all things webbing and tailored
  9. It is a pretty bog standard small business, on the Stratford road out of Worcester, selling air rifles catties and army surplus. It has an army surplus Abbot sef-propelled gun parked outside, so you can't miss it. Having visited the place a few times, I can't say I would have recommended it to anyone for excellence in customer relationship management, let alone as a likely shining example of online trading practices .

But then I've had a thing about army surplus stores since I was 14 (when we were only 3 years on from defeating Germany in the World Cup) and most of them still seem to exist in a demi monde just out of reach of respectable.

My advice would be to use the web to find a local dealer - then go check them out before you buy anything.

Not much use if your snail mail address is BFPO, but there y'go

If you must buy online, try and get some reviews of the dealer - eBay might even have a good supplier who will sort you out.