"Surplus" vehicles.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by datumhead, Sep 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=1301&Overide=1

They have over 100 available.

Why do we have all this kit just sitting in places when it could be used somewhere?
    I do not profess to know how good/bad/ohmyfkingodnotthatpeiceofcrap the saxon is, but are'nt they probably better than soft skin landies for patroling.

Oh..and was'nt the "war reserve" better called"wah reserve"....as there was'nt any?

2. If you are gonna take the plunge get up there and have eyes on what you fancy there is a wide range of "Conditions" available

3. i thought they are pretty current bits of kit??

how would they do in sandy places?? just in case i want to take it to the beach and take money away from the donkey ride

4. datumHead

The comapny Withams Special Vehicles is a the MOD contracted supplier, the only authorised one that is that sells off all the EX I MEAN EX MOD equipment.

what i mean by that all the old equipemnt that the MOD is selling is sold through these guys.

Before you ask how do i know this we deal with the guy that owns the company. they are good guys up there buy the way offer them the right price they will sell you anything they have.

5. I know who they are, what they do and no, I have no need for a saxon.

A decent landie...maybe, but thats not the point i'm trying to make.

Why are the MoD selling recent kit when there is a reported shortage of vehicles in theatre? The much needed armour is being sold off whilst there are cries for kit from the lads in sandtrap 1 & 2.

6. has anybody actually ever asked for a Saxon when the option is a donkey and a sun hat?

7. Mk IV blackboard, if you piece together its history i suspect it may be worth a bob or two in few years, although Mk 3's probably have more stories to tell.

8. cause saxons shit
    best bit about saxon " long pause it keeps your kit dry"

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

whats the difference between the L/R Wolf and the L/R Defender.

I thought it was a different model completely, e.g. wolf replacing defender but looking at the official L/R website they've Rangy, Disco, Freelander and Defender.

So WTF is a Wolf?

10. ...is it wrong that after looking at that site, I want a green godess?!

11. WTF is a blackboard?
    Whats it for/do?

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

durrrr, everyone knows that.

13. Landrover XM (I think) - heavy duty version. God help me, I've just admitted in public that I'm a Landrover fan. :oops:

14. Used by ATO in NI as Heli Kit to get the team and equipment into areas where road moves are not possibly.

There were two blackboards per team with two different pallets on the back. One consisted of the Wheelbarrow and all the team kit. The other pallet was the ECM pallet. A third pallet could be left at the det and brought forward if required.

I trialled the MkIV back in 94.

15. Ahhh, our original "quad" only one left for sale ,
    I'm tempted to enquire, sadly I feel quite emotional about it , whellbarrows do the same to me , interesting it has a kubota 3cyl we started with a perkins 3cyl but was too heavy, those were the days...........

WW