Surgeon cut off testicle by mistake

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by devexwarrior, Apr 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's one bollock suitably dropped.

2. What price your right bollock? I think I would be inclined to demand a big pile of cash for that one.
    The surgeon involved doesn't seem to be to worried about it all though

3. Fifteen years ago a relative got a few grand when they removed one of her ovaries by mistake under similar circumstances. She was 14 years old and was told her other one should take over a bit to make up for it. Perhaps his other one will do the same? It could be one busy bollock.

4. And he got his medical degree at the equivalent of Pond Street Polytechnic in Sheffield. Welcome to the multicultural NHS, where surgeons from round the world can do drugs and lop yer nuts off and then skip the country with drugs theft charges pending.

5. Bet they call him Harry one bollock now :bounce: :jocolor:

6. Nah, Sven told us that the NHS cannot function without imported Doctors and Nurses. So you are wrong!

7. I stand corrected, Sven is an acknowledged expert on bollocks.

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Its a plan to steralise the Kufir one bollock at a time.

9. He's a gold mine this one!

Dr Sulieman Al Hourani was only supposed to cut out a cyst, but removed the whole right testicle instead.

He is accused of misconduct and also of stealing medication.

Sarah Prichard, counsel for the GMC, said the mistake was made as a nurse helping the surgeon turned her back to get a stitch.

When she turned around the testicle had been removed.

He's quick mind!

The GMC was told of another incident in August 2006, when Dr Al Hourani had consulted a colleague and was advised to inject a patient with 10 milligrams (mg) of midazolam, a powerful sedative drug.

He then gave the patient 8mg and injected himself with the other 2mg, the hearing was told.

Well if it's good enough for him, then it's good enough for the patient!