Surefire Helmet light

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by WeeAlly, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have got a surefire helmet light HL1-C-TN but im now missing the mounting screw which allows the mount to tighten onto the helmet its a small black one does anyone know where i can get it from???
  2. eBay would be your best bet I think mate
  3. Ive been hunting for one for a couole weeks mate. No joy as yet. If you get one pm me with where from. I shall reciprocate. If I cant find one in the next week or so im just gonna contact surefire directly. They sent me a new mount gratis when my old one broke so im sure a wee grub screw wont be an issue.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. I think your best bet will be surefire mate, otherwise it'll be a case of buying a whole new mount...
    Could try and go to a local builders merchant as they'll more than likely have something to replace it with
  5. yeah i just contacted surefire direct see what they say, cheers for the replies ill let you know the outcome
  6. Pop in to your nearest armourer shop, they should have a selection of small screws to fix it.

I've repaired a few over the years that we swapped with USMC lads on tour.
  7. Try a model, preferably one that sells remote control plans etc.
  8. ive found grub screws on ebay but does anyone know the size of the screw for it? cheers
  9. Finding a supplier isn't difficult. Finding the size you want when you're left with a threaded hole is a bit more complex.

If you can find somebody with the same bit of kit, ask them to take the grub screw out and measure it, preferably against a screw thread gauge.

Then try RS Components: Buy GRUB SCREW online from RS Components
  10. Surefire will replace them

RE: David Stitson, Needs Helmet Light mount Screws. Replacement order 6181919

Dear David,

Thank you for the email and the information.

Your replacement item order has just been entered and it will be shipping via US Mail next week.

Please allow a few weeks for the delivery.

Best regards and have a nice weekend.

International Customer Service

18300 Mt. Baldy Circle I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
    T 714-545-9444 F 714-545-9537
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014