Supremes back right to picket military funerals

If the media didn't attend these funerals, then would the Westboro Bastards Church rentamob bother? They are awfy media savvy for a wee old Baptist congregation. They are a bunch of pharisees!

And I don’t get your reference to Toben – he had committed no offence in British law so it was not a case of the courts ‘caving in’ or otherwise.

C_C
The boxheads tried getting him with a European arrest warrant.

KevinTheBold

Clanker
Actually I believe it's only a matter of time before somebody does the deed. I just hope he or she is on full auto with enough ammo and a good field of fire. Don't want to miss any of 'em.

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Actually I believe it's only a matter of time before somebody does the deed. I just hope he or she is on full auto with enough ammo and a good field of fire. Don't want to miss any of 'em.
Double Taps - saves ammo. There's no need to waste lots of money on them. Makes it easier to clean the carbon off the gas parts too.

[tin foil hat on]I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone from the "church" reads this & sues all you nonbelieving bastards[tin foil hat off]

watched the doco that louis throux did on them, makes for interesting viewing, as said theres at least a dozen lawyers on staff and also an exdoco maker who joined them, they are uber media savvy and will sue you to ****

the sign factory made for intresting footage, with signs ranging from US army to Princess Di and a few other celebs as the target of hate

I personally would LOVE to see them come to the uk , and watch as the regiment of the dead soldier turned them to a jam like substance for daring to even look at the family

Another interesting angle totally ignored by the MSM:

Democratic Party

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[31] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[32] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[33][unreliable source?] and 1997.[34]

Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party primary election.[35] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm".[36] Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[37] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[4] Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment, saying "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."[38]

There are suspicions floating around that he is a sort of "agent provocateur" useful for the Dem media narrative of "evil conservative christians", since the real thing don't fit the approved narratives of what they should think & how they should behave. So he provides something for the MSM to point at and say "See, we told you, the narrative is right! Look, right there, evil conservative christians!"

There are suspicions floating around that he is a sort of "agent provocateur" useful for the Dem media narrative of "evil conservative christians", since the real thing don't fit the approved narratives of what they should think & how they should behave. So he provides something for the MSM to point at and say "See, we told you, the narrative is right! Look, right there, evil conservative christians!"
I really do struggle with the concept of Phelps and his band of happy campers as a cunningly conceived covert Dem influence operation. If this is the case then my admiration for Al Gore's readiness to take one for the team knows no bounds. From the same Wiki page as you quoted :

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opposition to Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton
During the 1992 presidential campaign, Phelps protested Hillary Rodham Clinton during a campaign speech in support of the Clinton-Gore ticket at the University of Kansas on October 14, 1992. In Bill Clinton's second presidential campaign, Phelps and the Westboro church also opposed Clinton and Gore because of the administration's support for gay rights. The entire Westboro congregation picketed a 1997 inaugural ball,[39] denouncing Gore as a "famous fag pimp."[40] In 1998, Westboro picketed the funeral of Gore's father, screaming vulgarities at Gore and telling him, "your dad's in Hell."[40]
Sometimes the MSM ignores stuff simply because it's bollix.

C_C

Fine, could be BS. I'm open to convincing either way. But he IS used as described by the media, and his party affiliation is never mentioned. Being on the primary ballot is no small cheese in terms of affiliation.

KevinTheBold

Clanker
The Westboro Baptist Church may be the only thing that the left and right agree upon in the United States. They are in a league of their own equally despised by all.

Let's hope Westboro Baptist follow the example of their fellow God-lovers/pedophiles at Waco...

Fine, could be BS. I'm open to convincing either way. But he IS used as described by the media, and his party affiliation is never mentioned. Being on the primary ballot is no small cheese in terms of affiliation.
True. But running as a Dem in Kansas is a bit like running as a Tory in some bits of UK - it may be that candidates willing to put themselves forwards for selection for defeat were a bit thin on the ground. And I deliberately say 'were' because Phelps appears not stood for any office in the last 9-10 years, concentrating instead on saving America from the forces of Sodom.

C_C

sazzz

Old-Salt
I personally would LOVE to see them come to the uk , and watch as the regiment of the dead soldier turned them to a jam like substance for daring to even look at the family
That being said, I wonder why no-one is the US has done the same.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
They've had a big falling out IIRC and half the "family" has gone
There was a video on Youtube of their van getting attacked at a funeral and the windows getting put through as they tried to leg it

Latest Threads