• 6634C5B7-8BE9-4E96-8B49-3F7E45B2D4F1.jpeg
    6634C5B7-8BE9-4E96-8B49-3F7E45B2D4F1.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 27

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Germany told Eire to take them.
uh-huh.......and ?

If you're a granny struggling to walk out of Irpin with Russian gunfire in the background do you seriously think she gives a threepenny toss who ordered what in the EU?

1646693908235.png

1646693969095.png

1646694002358.png

Thanks for that Hendrix

- how many Ukrainian refugees have arrived in UK so far ?

The response from the British Government - as opposed to the eternally generous and open-hearted British PEOPLE - has been lack lustre, sluggish and the reverse of nimble.

And please don't recycle any Home Office Line To Take b0ll0cks about:

'Extraordinary circumstances.....blah blah....difficult times....blah blah ...unprecedented challenges...blah blah'

YES - WE KNOW, WE GET IT

Now what are you doing to justify that salary RIGHT NOW ?

Last edited:

HendrixGin

Clanker
uh-huh.......and ?

If you're a granny struggling to walk out of Irpin with Russian gunfire in the background do you seriously think she gives a threepenny toss who ordered what in the EU?

Thanks for that Hendrix

The response from the British Government - as opposed to the eternally generous and open-hearted British PEOPLE - has been lack lustre, sluggish and the reverse of nimble.

'Extraordinary circumstances.....blah blah....difficult times....blah blah ...unprecedented challenges...blah blah'

YES - WE KNOW, WE GET IT

A pathetically small number have come into the UK. The ‘50’ number is already being deflected on social media. Its a consequence of ‘geography’. Having the latest published figs from Home office gives us more ammunition for using them productively to get govt to act repeating them back.

We are going to see an unending tap of displaced Ukrainian refugees pour across the border in the forseeable future. The number of applications started 17,700 is 1.2% of the total number of refugees so far. So far. The 300 visas issued represents 1.7% of the 17,700, or 3.8% of the number currently submitted.

We need visas waivered if its going to make any sodding difference, and forward collection and transportation points set up. If RAF planes can fly equipment in, they can do a Kabul and fly refugees back here. Its not that we dont have recent experience of doing this. Thats what im putting to my MP.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A pathetically small number have come into the UK. The ‘50’ number is already being deflected on social media. Its a consequence of ‘geography’. Having the latest published figs from Home office gives us more ammunition for using them productively to get govt to act repeating them back.

We are going to see an unending tap of displaced Ukrainian refugees pour across the border in the forseeable future. The number of applications started 17,700 is 1.2% of the total number of refugees so far. So far. The 300 visas issued represents 1.7% of the 17,700, or 3.8% of the number currently submitted.

We need visas waivered if its going to make any sodding difference, and forward collection and transportation points set up. If RAF planes can fly equipment in, they can do a Kabul and fly refugees back here. Its not that we dont have recent experience of doing this. Thats what im putting to my MP.
Well done, well said.

Pollys react to headlines.....they are also creatures of Twitter...put a copy of your letter to your MP on there and hashtag your local paper .......watch them scramble in public to cover their arrses.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
If someone can spare a van, and we can fill it, I’ll happily drive it to the UNHCR hub in Poland.
They've asked you not to.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Don't you think that's because at this stage they want to stay nearby because they are hoping to go home soon, or want to stay with relatives?

are you Laura/Beff/pesto? You don't know everything the Government is doing but nothing will stop you from saying it should do more?

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't you think that's because at this stage they want to stay nearby because they are hoping to go home soon, or want to stay with relatives?

are you Laura/Beff/pesto? You don't know everything the Government is doing but nothing will stop you from saying it should do more?
BBC News - Ukraine war: 300 Ukrainians get visas via new scheme, says UK

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
If someone can spare a van, and we can fill it, I’ll happily drive it to the UNHCR hub in Poland.
As quoted by someone else ,the official Polish government advice is not to give aid in kind but donate.

Hungary or Moldova may have a different view.

And no, @Grownup_Rafbrat - and I applaud the local efforts you have been personally involved in - I am not Peston/LauraK or another 'bash gubmint whatever the topic' type.

And I also appreciate that Ukrainians arriving in UK might wish they had stayed home.....but the footage I have seen makes me angry.

And 'give money' doesn't seem very adequate.

ugly

LE
Anyone collecting green kit? Thinking on the other side of things. I've got 3 PLCE webbing sets, and a black Crow daysack that can go
I’ve a stash of 7.62x39 ball but I suspect it won’t be accepted by any charity

Awol

LE
As quoted by someone else ,the official Polish government advice is not to give aid in kind but donate.

Hungary or Moldova may have a different view.

And no, @Grownup_Rafbrat - and I applaud the local efforts you have been personally involved in - I am not Peston/LauraK or another 'bash gubmint whatever the topic' type.

And I also appreciate that Ukrainians arriving in UK might wish they had stayed home.....but the footage I have seen makes me angry.

And 'give money' doesn't seem very adequate.
The UNHCR are advertising for material goods to be taken to their hub in Lincoln.

Taking a load to Poland has got to take a tiny load off their shoulders.

Maybe, just maybe, they don’t want to come here. Maybe they want to stay as close as possible so that when this shyt is all over, they can go home and rebuild their lives and grieve their lost ones. They’ve already shown what a nation of proud, loyal hard pipe hitters they are.
Not like some who will not be mentioned, who are more than happy to abandon their families, run away from the Middle East and invade the UK on their never ending flotilla of little rubber boats. Raping and murdering their way across Europe in their quest for free money.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another Collection Point in West of England for those who want to get involved:

1f1fa_1f1e6.png
UKRAINE DROP POINT until 8pm Mon 7 -Weds 9th March.
Items being accepted:
⏰
2pm-8pm
WMB logistics. Unit 4a, Gateway 12, Glos, GL2 2BY, Waterwells Business Park near Procook.
wanted food non perishable items. Cereal, energy bars, instant food, small cartons of juice, pot noodles, cup a soups, porridge, rice, pasta etc). Also in need of cardboard boxes. volunteers also useful for afternoon shifts.

Two lorries & warehouse provided to store vital supplies to go to
1f1f5_1f1f1.png
1f1fa_1f1e6.png
Polish-Ukraine boarder. PLEASE SHARE***
A huge, huge thank you to everyone that has donated items and dedicated their time to support over the past 24 hours! It has been a phenomenal response and incredibly heart warming

As a reminder, the charity that we are working with is https://www.facebook.com/polishglos and the donations are going to https://ukraina.gdanskpomaga.pl/en/ we are also receiving a lot of guidance from http://www.presidiumnetwork.com

The transport is being provided by https://www.arbanks.co.uk/ this is also being supported by a lot of wonderful volunteers!

The linked Polish site : Support

UPDATE POSTED TODAY FROM GLOUCESTER:

...but we haven't stopped!
1f1fa_1f1e6.png
PLEASE SHARE We have another 44 tonne truck to be loaded tomorrow (Friday).
Help required!
1f4aa.png

We are accepting donations for Ukraine (Fri 2pm-8pm, Mon & Tues 2pm-8pm).
At: WMB logistics. Unit 4a, Gateway 12, GL2 2BY (Waterwells Business Park, near Procook).
1f499.png
We need:
1f1fa_1f1e6.png

• Dried foods, Pasta, Rice
  • Cereals, Dried soups, tinned soup, Pot noodles, Crackers, Biscuits
  • Baby food, farleys rusks, calpol. Juice cartons (with straws)
  • Head torches & Batteries
  • Kids paracetamol
Please DO NOT bring clothing or bedding.

https://fb.watch/bGiAuNpaED/

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One kind person donated a chandelier ceiling light to our collecting point. How helpful was that?????

uh-huh.......and ?

View attachment 645496
View attachment 645497
View attachment 645498

Thanks for that Hendrix

YES - WE KNOW, WE GET IT

Most people don't give shit, its just the latest Facebook fad, I don't remember the great British public being so welcoming for any other sets of refugees. I remember a distinct lack of sympathy for those who drowned in the channel.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some people don't give a shit.

Some people are easily emotionally manipulated by what conspiraloons, aping their US mentors, refer to as 'the Main Stream Media'

And some people, want to help other people caught up through no fault of their own in a shitstorm of global proportions.

That's pretty much it.