Support the Hereford One.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I am a Mansfield Town fan (I know, I know) but it was brought to my attention that this fella was banned from watching the team he loves, and has watched for over 30 years for a post on a Message Board that he MODERATES because it irked the owner and chairman of Hereford, Mr Graham Turner. As poster on such a forum and presumably, sportsfans too, I petition you all to sign the attached petition to allow this man to once again watch the team that he loves.

Thanks.

"Martin Watson has been given a lifetime ban from entering Edgar Street, the ground of Hereford United Football Club, the club he has supported for over 30 years.

The ban has been ordered by Graham Turner, chairman and manager of the football club because of a post made to a message board that Martin Watson moderates.

Martin was not even aware of this post until Mr Turner phoned him to ban him from the football club."

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/hereford-united-fc-ban-on-martin-watson.html

2. One of the attractions of owning a football club is surely getting away with sh*t like that lol

3. Did he(Martin) make the post? If not then why the hell is he barred at all?

What did the post say?

4. msr

msr LE

Hopefully he will now spend his Saturday afternoons doing something more productive than watching overpaid prima donnas kicking a ball, usually in the wrong direction.

'You know where you can find sympathy..."

msr

5. I'm getting bored of all these pointless petitions!

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Between sympathetic and symphony?

7. Or indeed between sh1t and syphilis? :smile:

What in the name of Beelzebub was so awful on the message board, that he of the turnip allegations had to take such a draconian step? We have a right to know.

Okay we don't have a right to know but I am incurably curious. It might be enough to tempt Graham Turner to attempt to ban Arrse from Hereford FC?
    :cuddle:

8. For those of you who want a link:

http://huforum.truth.posiweb.net/hufc.mpl?action=View+Thread&thread=29873

It seems the post that caused all of this has been removed.

Shame, really.

edited to add:

A few more details here:
    http://200percent.blogspot.com/2007/08/right-to-free-speech.html

It seems the furore was in connection with a post questioning the accuracy of the attendance figures.

At least it wasn't something trivial. :roll:

9. Well thank you for that PIMH. We are now exactly how much further forward in finding out exactly which sheep-blowing or child-stealing allegation got Mr Turner's goat?

10. I didn't realise that a goat was involved. Where did you read that?

11. Tish-boom! La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-dum....

Cuddles and Putteesinmyhands are here all week ladies and gentlemen...(dodges tumbleweed)