Support staff positions available - 10 Coy 4 Para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Duke, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Attention all London and home counties based clerks and medics -

10 Coy 4 Para (based in White City and Croydon) have positions available for support staff:

2 x AGC (SPS) (rank ranged JNCO to SNCO)
    1 x RAMC (JNCO)

You do not have to be para trained for these positions, but it would be an advantage if you are. If not, we would be happy to sponsor any applicants who wish to try P Coy, and load them on the basic Para course if they pass P Coy.

If you are not interested in the whole sky god thing, then no problems - we are more concerned about your trade skills than your ability to beast yourself around a 10 miler. The priority is trade, but all Company training is open to attached arms.

Any one interested or with sensible questions, please post or PM me in confidence. My ability to log in to Arrse during the working day is very limited now, but all questions will be answered as soon as possible.

Duke

P.S. camp last year was in New Jersey with R&R in New York. We liked it so much we decided to book it again for 2008. Just in case anyone was interested, of course!

2. Are they letting you back after last year?

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No problems last year (at least no major ones! :D )

You might be thinking about 2 years`before in Wyoming?

4. Just in case anyone missed this BUMP

5. Duke.... Do you have to be Medic trained already or could someone be trained for the role?

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Ideally we need a medic who is good to go. We have lots of RMA 2s and 3s, but need an RAMC capbadged person to provided dedicated no-duff med cover rather than having to extract one of the blokes to do the job.

On larger exercises and camps, they would work as part of the RAP/med centre as tasked by the RMO.

To answer your question, it would be possible, but much better to have someone from an RAMC background as we would not need 2 or 3 training years to get them through all of the courses.

7. I can't see why a non para trained person would want to join 4 Para and get a constant slagging that they are a "hat"

8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

We currently have 2 clerks, 1 medic and a REME craftsman attached, none of whom have passed P Coy (2 are female).

Banter? Yes.

Constant slagging? Only if you are not up to your job.

Positions are available due to people unable to attend due to all of the usual commitments, not because of any slagging.

Besides, some might want a new challenge. Where better to prepare for P Coy than a unit which runs 3 recruit cadres per year?

9. I think slagging someone about being a "hat" will fall under the role of the new Services Complaints Commissioner

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/DefencePolicyAndBusiness/NewServiceComplaintsCommissionerOpenForBusiness.htm

You may complain to the Commissioner about any matter, but she has special statutory powers to support you in relation to the following types of complaints:

Bullying
    Harassment
    Discrimination
    Victimisation
    Dishonest or improper behaviour
    Other unacceptable behaviour

I believe that calling a non Para a "hat" falls under 3 of the 6 categories - harrassment, discrimination and victimisation.

10. But its tradtion cant see how anyone could be upset by it bored yes .
    See the banning of future of para threads on arse ,but, Its hardly a grevious insult .Cant see why anyone would want to join 4 para if not intrested in doing para course .Watching others jump out of planes must get boring ,but, considering gruseome injuries I have been told can occur
    from not landing properly guess medics have more chance of having some real work to do .And having a medic who cant jump must be an advantage
    as less likely to be a casualty himself unless you land on him :D

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The medics get lots of "hands on" dealing with the recruits in training with lots of sprains, strains and not infrequent collapses during TABs.

Add in the usual med cover required for arduous exercises and DZ cover and they are certainly kept busy!

12. Makes sense that this commisioner is a 'she' as females aren't as robust with banter and name calling as men. Sexist comment? So what. If calling someone a 'hat' not only turns them into a weepy wobbly victim but it get's 'she' involved too, then we are finally hearing the death knell of banter and forthright speech in the army.
    Is it ok to call someone a numpty still if they are considered a numpty or does their numptyness now have to be proven? Or do we need to develop a new sign language for such things as 'hat' or 'numpty' to avoid saying the words out loud?
    This legislative idiocy is as nuts as a very nutty thing :roll:

Edited to say 'doh' :oops: :oops:
    I feel outraged and aggrieved that I bit...who can I complain to? :D

13. A Medic who gets to much banter can always re-pay the compliment when injections come round

An Clerk inputs pay, they're not going to get to much slagging.

Also those who make the move and if they are good will become part of the fold. Para Regt look after their own