Support Our Troops Wrist Band

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Joker, Aug 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently saw a rather lovely young woman wearing one of these fashionable charity wrist bands but it was in DPM and had Support our Troops on it. Any ideas where these are available from?

2. Don’t waste your time.
    It’s nothing but chav excrement.
    Chav kids use these wrists bands to signal their sexuality and availability, celebrities use them to make themselves look caring.
    You don’t need a bit of plastic to support our troops or any other cause.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Did a quick Google. Here apparently.

4. Sixty

Bugger. Sorry Beebs, you beat me to it (Damn you cider addled SFD reflexes!!)

5. Unless of course the cash generated is going to a charity that will actively and physically support our troops and their families in which case buy one for each arm.....

Beebs :)

6. Hey that's hormonal cider addled reflexes to you sunshine!

Beebs ;)

7. Sixty

Edited to add that it's MY reflexes that are cider befuddled ;-)

8. Good point, but surly you can make a donation to whichever charity you support without the need for a wrist band?

Me cynical?
    I’ve just heard too many horror stories of these wrist bands being sold and the seller pocketing the money.

9. Me too and I agree, WE can make direct payment to charities of our choice, but it's passing trade that can make the difference, fashion accessory at £1.99 a pop with 50% to the charity producing them x the number of hippie kids who love to be seen in DPM = revenue

BUT as I said, would be nicer to know WHO is benefiting from the sale first....

Beebs

10. Why not an Arrse wristband?

However I feel we may have missed the opportunity.

I have it on good authority (my 7 year old daughter) that "those bands are gay and so last month dad, get with the programme!"

JB68 feeling much older now :-(

also,
    my unit has banned them, CSM's being told to clamp down on "body adornments" including the above mentioned plus any visible piercings(tongue).

11. A guy at work has a "Support Our Troops" wristband. He's getting me one (although my main charity is the Poppy Appeal), and a happy side-effect of them is that they drive lefties and soap-dodgers nuts.

I implore you all to get one to make Guardian readers tut-tut and splutter into their free-trade cappuccino.

V!

12. An arrse wrist-band in No 4 - GBTD was asking 'what next' only last week.

13. Whats wrong with been a leftie and supporting our troops? Whats wrong with been an Infantryman and been a leftie?

Or are you just a stereotyping misfit with the brain of a torygraph reader

14. I think V was implying that if anyone were to be offended by these amazing wristbands, the chances are good that they would be - by any rational definition - lefties!

I'm a Grauniad reader and I'm getting one! :D