Support our discarded comrades

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hitback, Jul 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If those that are interested in getting changes made would please email the following MP with the phased idea below.

Link to full thread. There is alot of information in this thread and factual accounts by those that have been through the current system..... It's a disgrace what they have had to endure. http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=2690572.html#2690572

http://www.kevanjonesmp.org.uk/main/index.php?id=168&menu=contact

kevanjonesmp@parliament.uk

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

Hitback

P.S 100 hits today on his mail box would be a great start.

2. The following was sent to the Shadow Defence team for the Conservatives back in 2007. As you can see by the reply, I wasn't told to make contact with my MP first.

[​IMG]

DR ANDREW MURRISON MP
    [​IMG]

This is his new reply to the same questions. I believe they are stalling until the next general election and then, once in power forget about their promises.

Thank you. It would be wrong of me to interfere as I'm not your MP. However, I am sure that if you asked your MP she would send your suggestions to the relevant minister for his consideration. He would be Kevan Jones MP who I shadow. In the meantime I'm gratfeul to you for bringing your suggestions to my attention.
    Best wishes,

Andrew Murrison
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My MP responded with the following:

Regards

Hitback

[​IMG]

Nadine Dorries
    Member of Parliament for the Mid-Bedfordshire Constituency

Thank you for your recent e-mail which is acknowledged by this automated response and will receive attention as soon as possible.

E-mails are treated in the same manner and with the same level of importance as other communications, such as post, telephone and fax. With the large volume of correspondence the office receives, I intend to process a non-urgent case within 4 weeks. I apologise for any delays and will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.

For individual help and support, in line with Parliamentary Protocol, Members of Parliament deal only with their own constituents. Please check I am your local MP by following this link.

Finally, please make sure your email includes:

• Full Name
    • Postal Address
    • Contact Telephone Number
    • Any Relevant Reference Numbers

Please show your support and make contact with your MPs. Asking them to help voice the need for change to the present Medical Discharge system. :worship: :strong: :worship:

3. The following has just been received but the link is not working. Anyone know the correct link?

Regards

Hitback

Thank you for your enquiry. For a reply from MOD, please re-submit your message via 'Ask a Minister' (http://www.forums.mod.uk/feedback/AskAMinister.htm), adding your full postal address.

Many thanks,

MOD Ministerial Correspondence Unit
    5th Floor, Zone A
    Main Building
    Whitehall, London
    SW1A 2HB

4. I got the following sent to me last night by a friend. All of this post is eye openning but there are several areas I will need to check on...

Regards

Hitback
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you know my feelings on the discharge process...

Simple really, I didn't want to leave and was forced to leave... spent nearly 3 years on the Y list with absolutely no idea what was going to happen to me or where my life would end up, these conditions of not knowing made my anxiety and depression worse, and in the long run I was diagnosed with a mental condition (cant remember the exact name of it)

I was discharged Nov 2006, and on a recent visit to New York with BLESMA i was speaking with a few service lads, who told me they now get told what there pension forcast is in full at time of injury, and can also decide if they can stay or go.

I was also invited to a Christmas Dinner at St James Palace and sat on General Sir Richard Dannatt's table and spoke with him in great detail of my frustrations. He seemed so nice and talked to me openly, he reformed the MD and said ANYONE injured after 2006 has the choice to stay in the Army period. He did say that we had been very badly treated but he was unaware like alot of people how the system actually worked.

I do think it has got sligtly better, but it could and should be perfect... moving back to civvie street is hard enough, having to do it disabled and worried about your future is 10 times harder !

I still haven't got a job, i doubt I ever will... it would have to be a pritty dam good employee ! I still only receive 40% War Pension for being in a wheelchair... and i find that extreamly hard to cope with, because I am certainly not 60% capable as i used to be !

I dont really know what to add to your thread, Its something that I have had to push behind me and try to forget, as much as im proud of my service, I hate the way I was treated in my time of need and would sometimes prefere to forget about my whole military past. (sad I know but thats how they made me feel)

Let me know if you want me to do anything

5. bump. Lets get some emails sent into this minister. please state if you have sent an email.

Thanks

Hitback