support needed

Always happy to tick the box for a worthy cause, but after ticking this one, I noticed the number of 'spoiled' signatures (people who think it augments their value to the cause by giving obvious pseudonyms, or who write pointless or stupid slogans in place of their name), which is what happens when a petition such as this isn't self-certified by some means. The No10 system is vulnerable, too, but this one is particularly poor at it; I somehow doubt whether much notice will be taken of it by Brown's minions.

Whiskybreath said:
Always happy to tick the box for a worthy cause, but after ticking this one, I noticed the number of 'spoiled' signatures (people who think it augments their value to the cause by giving obvious pseudonyms, or who write pointless or stupid slogans in place of their name), which is what happens when a petition such as this isn't self-certified by some means. The No10 system is vulnerable, too, but this one is particularly poor at it; I somehow doubt whether much notice will be taken of it by Brown's minions.

we can only try at least people are having a go but point taken i just agree with the point in itself and i realy dont think brown will realy look at any petition but as i said earlier press on and thanks to anyone who adds their sigs please no slogans instead of names or spoils thanks

www.petitiononline.com...ition.html

Call me a withered old cynic, but the starter of this petition is 'DrBlockbuster' of blockbusterbooks.co.uk

they have a book out based on this. So their website tells me.

Cynical? Yup.

Some 250,000 of the returning allied forces from the first Gulf War in 1991 (15 per cent) went down with illness that they insist was related to their service in that war. Of these, 10,000 are already dead.
Errrm since when did we send 250k troops on Granby? It was 45k unless an awful lot were hiding.

Sorry but this stinks.

Signed. Total was only 60

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Call me a withered old cynic, but the starter of this petition is 'DrBlockbuster' of blockbusterbooks.co.uk

they have a book out based on this. So their website tells me.

Cynical? Yup.
Worse, when I clicked on the link to Dr Blockbuster, it reported that this is not a valid Petition ID.

Room for a little one on the cynical set?

Ord_Sgt said:
Some 250,000 of the returning allied forces from the first Gulf War in 1991 (15 per cent) went down with illness that they insist was related to their service in that war. Of these, 10,000 are already dead.
Errrm since when did we send 250k troops on Granby? It was 45k unless an awful lot were hiding.

Sorry but this stinks.
The yanks sent 700k, of which about 30% have reported symptoms which may have been GWS related.

However, this petition isn't going to achieve anything. Set up a well worded petition on the Number 10 site and I'll happily sign it.

Source: Wikipedia

Greetings ...

Dr Blockbuster has just arrived on this forum via a google alert and will explain. 8)

There is nothing cynical about the petition :D and I am not disheartened by some of the comments previously made.

Here's some of the information:

A petition on the Goverments No10 website is on a "closed site" and effectively gets less distribution via the net. Hence, I particularly chose that petitions site.

The petition is indeed a valid petition. I am passionate about getting something done on Gulf War Syndrome. My interest was fuelled by a book written by a friend, a famous Scottish author, Ken McClure. The book is called The Gulf Conspiracy. Dr McClure is an ex-award winning scientist, he discovered a gene (ftsK), and he now writes medical thrillers which are a blend of fact and fiction.

I, personally, am now satisfied that the main (not only) cause of Gulf War Syndrome was the so called flawed vaccinations. In particular ... the anthrax vaccination and the adjuvant (accelerator) to that vaccine. I am not a scientist and I am agreeing with the views of many scientists out there. On my petition you will find the renowned Meryl Nass MD at sig 4 and Alex Izett at sig 40. I am working with Meryl Nass MD and also Lt Col John Richardson (ex Gulf War F14 pilot) on bringing direct attention on the causes of Gulf War Syndrome.

I have many initiatives on the go.
I decided some good time ago that pursuing a film option for Ken McClure's book was a major way of getting the attention of the general public and move governments. I have made much progress on this, most notably Sean Connery requested a copy of the book and has made several calls to us since.

I am in contact with the NGWRC in Kansas with a view to doing a book distribution to Veterans and I have sought funding on this from the likes of Ross Perot.

I have "other contacts" in the US and the UK.

Last autumn the US Government reintroduced mandatory anthrax vaccination of troops ... The anthrax vaccination was being manufactured "by a private company" and without going into further detail, I alerted alot of the media by gatecrashing the press briefing by Asst Sec of Defense for Health Affairs, Winkenwerder, here. The pauses, conferring and gaps at THEIR end don't show, but they typed every hesitation at mine :D .

Recently the MOD took the first step in following the recommendations of The Lloyd Report, by recognising the existence of Gulf War Syndrome. Although this was exposed in The Lords on 12 October it is a major step forward. A poll of MP's earlier this year indicated that 70% thought that the treatment of returning soldiers was very poor and inadequate. Accordingly, after this 12 October announcement I wrote to 300 MP's to alert them in case this major announcement slipped them by!

As I said above, the petition is indeed a valid one. I have only removed a few comments which were derogatory and otherwise I believe the quality of responses is very good, albeit there should be many many more.

As I track the petition on most days, I had noted more responses of late, and I see that many of thses have come from this forum! Thank you very much. Very much indeed! :salut:

Incidentally, the Blockbuster name comes from my initial forum posts way back in 2004 and I now do Global Admin on another forum site and participate all over the place 8)

If you want to know more about the petition or anything, just ask or visit my site : http://www.blockbusterbooks.co.uk which has many pages on Gulf War Syndrome and what I'm doing. This is not meant to be an advertisement ... I came via an alert.

As to the member "Call me a withered old cynic" .... Gotcha !!!!!!! :p

Dr Blockbuster