Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Support "Irish Guards in Afghanistan" wristbands.

jonnb

Swinger
Does anyone here know where I can get some of these, and show my support for this regiment. I support Help for Heroes, but being Irish, would also like to show support for the Irish Guards.

jonnb said:
Does anyone here know where I can get some of these, and show my support for this regiment. I support Help for Heroes, but being Irish, would also like to show support for the Irish Guards.

Can you get to Windsor? They are bound to sell them here soon. If you like, I will ask around.

Not at the moment as I am in Dublin, and wanted to try to get an address to send a donation to, and for them to send the wristbands back.

jonnb said:
Not at the moment as I am in Dublin, and wanted to try to get an address to send a donation to, and for them to send the wristbands back.

When I get a chance, I will ask and let you know. I have no official connection but know a few casually that drink in my local.

They seem a good bunch of lads BTW.

There may not be such a thing as these as the Irish Guards haven't been to Afghanistan as a formed unit I believe although individuals have served with other units.

I was made aware that they were available as a fund raiser for the regiment, towards their deployment in late 2010. The funds raised are to go towards providing assistance for families of injured soldiers, and accomodate families visiting wounded soldiers in Birmingham.

I know the name of the RRO, but have no further contact details.

Try RHQ at Welly B mucker, that's where the Scots Guards ones come from.

Or here
Irish Guards Association
Contact: RHQ Irish Guards, Wellington Barracks, Birdcage Walk, London, SW1E 6HQ, Tel: 0171 930 4466 ext 3295/54