Support for England?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by civpop42, Jul 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where I live I was outnumbered by the support of our imigrant friends. To the support of Portugal. Why is this? . My show of support for the English football team was looked upon as a joke and it was seen as a good thing that England lost. It was not done in a violent way but it made me feel that My patriotism for my country was irrelevant and to be dirided. It was quite upsetting as most of the Africans and Eastern Europeans that took part in this sarcasm love the English way of life. BTW I am not bitter I want the best team to win the world cup. It just really upsets me that a good proportion of my local pub supported Portugal. Maybe we need to try harder to get these new imigrants to the UK to appreciate the generosity of their hosts? I personally am quite gutted that I left my local to the cheers of people who I thought had integrated into the english way? I don't hate these people but would'nt it be nice if they supported there host nation?
  2. Where do you live?

....Fire Mission, Over....
  3. Pretty much anywhere within London, I'd guess... :roll:
  4. according to the news thetford has the highest proportion of portugese.

5. You mean that where you live, foreigners outnumber the English, and they were cheering for Portugal?
  6. will they be showing a replay of the game tonight :D :D :D ill have see it for a wee laugh :D