Support a Squaddie

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Chief_Joseph, Jul 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. great site, about time someone did something for us like this.

So many people seem too quick to knock the armed forces for doing a dangerous and difficult job. write letters and make some ones day who is miles from home.
  2. Good for them spread the word, well done chief for posting this - have you put it up in Rear Party & Rum Ration as well?
  3. Excellent idea! I'm glad someone thought of it.

Cheers for the link. Good post.
  4. After seeing a link to Support A Squaddie on Rum Ration site several weeks ago I decided to make a donation and request information to volunteer, however, despite many email's I have still to hear from them and have noticed several broken links/email address's on the site. I have reported them to the Charities Commission. The site breaks several rules regarding the conduct of charities in the UK.

If anyone else has had a similar problem please would they let me know.

Can I also suggest an alternative and enduring charity (apart from my own personal favourite called Mine's a Double, Ta Very Much) for anyone with the odd 50p spare this Christmas

Ta very much, :D Marina
  5. Seems pretty stupid to give them money if you ask me. I see no mention at all of being a registered charity?

If I passed you in the street wearing a Nurse's Uniform, would you give me a tenner to pass onto the Doctor you saw on TV? is the safer option imho
  6. The site claimed charitable status when I linked to it last month hence my report to CC.

I am a nurse and will make sure you get special treatment if you ever come under my tender care :twisted: