• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Support a Squaddie

great site, about time someone did something for us like this.

So many people seem too quick to knock the armed forces for doing a dangerous and difficult job. write letters and make some ones day who is miles from home.

After seeing a link to Support A Squaddie on Rum Ration site several weeks ago I decided to make a donation and request information to volunteer, however, despite many email's I have still to hear from them and have noticed several broken links/email address's on the site. I have reported them to the Charities Commission. The site breaks several rules regarding the conduct of charities in the UK.

If anyone else has had a similar problem please would they let me know.

Can I also suggest an alternative and enduring charity (apart from my own personal favourite called Mine's a Double, Ta Very Much) for anyone with the odd 50p spare this Christmas

www.ssafa.org.uk

Ta very much, :D Marina

Seems pretty stupid to give them money if you ask me. I see no mention at all of being a registered charity?

If I passed you in the street wearing a Nurse's Uniform, would you give me a tenner to pass onto the Doctor you saw on TV?

www.ssafa.org.uk is the safer option imho

The site claimed charitable status when I linked to it last month hence my report to CC.

I am a nurse and will make sure you get special treatment if you ever come under my tender care :twisted:

Latest Threads