Supplements phase 1

I'm starting my phase 1 training soon and was wondering if supplements are allowed, at the moment I use impact whey protein as well as creatine monohydrate (both from myprotien.com), wanted to know from anyone who's been through phase 1 if bringing them is allowed as well as the general opinion on supplements during training.

I need to ask, being old and such.

WTF is it with bloody supplements and squaddies nowadays - are you all into bodybuilding, or what? Plenty of food in the cookhouse, and if it is about building up just eat the chicken, or fish and loadsa veggies. I know there are those who stack pills to build up, but then they eat spuds, pasta, knock back the beers, and have a late night curry..........all a bit self defeating really.

I need to ask, being old and such.

WTF is it with bloody supplements and squaddies nowadays - are you all into bodybuilding, or what? Plenty of food in the cookhouse, and if it is about building up just eat the chicken, or fish and loadsa veggies. I know there are those who stack pills to build up, but then they eat spuds, pasta, knock back the beers, and have a late night curry..........all a bit self defeating really.
Dunno I guess it's because we know more about certain supplements maybe? Personally I use it because I do want to get bigger so for me it's almost common sense to use it as I can have a well round meal as well as a protein shake at some point in the day to help increase my protein content but again that's why I use it I cant speak for everyone who uses em

Dunno I guess it's because we know more about certain supplements maybe? Personally I use it because I do want to get bigger so for me it's almost common sense to use it as I can have a well round meal as well as a protein shake at some point in the day to help increase my protein content but again that's why I use it I cant speak for everyone who uses em

Being "big" will not help you in phase 1, nor will traditional bodybuilding style training. If you still have time before starting, I'd switch up your training to something more applicable and get back onto Op MASSIVE when you reach your battalion.

Hohenidoom

Old-Salt

If it ain't on here, or doesn't have the logo on the back of the bottle don't bother. Read the JIs carefully, too.

Beyond that you'll have precious little time to chase dem gains in phase 1, so it does seem like a waste of time and money. Wait until you're at battalion if you want to do your own stuff.

Faded

Old-Salt
You won’t be allowed to take your own supplements in training- end of. Partly because you don’t need to but mostly so if you require emergency medical assistance, they know exactly what you/haven’t taken. At CTC they were trailing giving protein shakes to recruits in the evening; I don’t know which establishment you are going to but you may well find something similar. Don’t worry about getting big in training, that can wait when you get to your unit.

Being "big" will not help you in phase 1, nor will traditional bodybuilding style training. If you still have time before starting, I'd switch up your training to something more applicable and get back onto Op MASSIVE when you reach your battalion.
Ah alright noted, I have checked the Informed sport to check before taking anything if it was on there and it was. I'm going pirbright but I wanted to know the general thought of them during phase because a few of my mates who were/are at harrogate said it was fine for them. Thanks for the advice I'll take your word on it all and keep "op massive" till I'm at unit. Good day all.

Latest Threads