Supplement Suggestions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by flyingwinger, Aug 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently going through my training programme before starting Sandhurst in January, and considering taking supplements to help my fitness development. Was wondeing if anyone had any suggestions on good brands or specfic supplements to take?

Cheers in advance.

2. Creatine is pretty good, helps with both muscle endurance and recovery rate. Only down side is you must keep constantly hydrated and can get cramps.

3. I heard cyclone is the one to go for, my mate is in training for the marines and that's the one with his reccommendatiom. Couldn't tell you too much about it as I don't like using supplements, but it makes your muscles rip and condition quicker, so you can have a 6 days a week punishing workout and have the benefit of a days rest overnight.

4. Yer you can get shakes which contain cyclone, creatine and protein all together rugby players like Henson use it.

5. God i really want to get that Cyclone if Henson uses it. Then i can look like i've been tangoed and marry a fat welsh beefcake

6. Google myprotein and check what the have to offer. Very good prices, very goods supps, very good service.

I'm about to come off mine and they've been massively beneficial regarding recovery; shame you're not allowed them at Sandhurst but still, check them out.

7. He uses sunbeds and his personal life doesn't detract from the fact that the guy is(when fit) in incredible shape. The purpose of this thread was to list good legal supplements, all you're doing is spamming it up.

8. I completely agree. There is no room for humour in bodybuilding. We should all sit and gravely discuss supplements and workout regimes without the distraction of idle chatterers such as Dionysius.

No smiling, please.

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Don't bother, you don't need them.

10. Now that's more like it :p

I never said there was no room for humor, but at least he could contribute some suggestions for someone who was looking for advice. Anyway my reaction may have been over board.

11. You're not allowed them? Really? How silly. But then I've heard it's a silly place.

12. on a serious note, I agree with Cpunk. Just eat more, instead of having a protien shake, have a grilled chicken breast.

13. Good point about grilled chicken and turkey, personally I find protein shakes are better for people on a budget, as chicken fillets and breasts are expensive, also I find shakes help for squeezing in an extra meal.

14. Who said you are not allowed supplements at sandhurst?