suplementing rations

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Lairdx, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cooking in the field. How do the rest of you suplement the ration packs?

For me it's a tin of corned beef and sachets of brown sauce cut up and added to the main course to taste it up a little.

I know a couple of fellas bring curry powder or chillie
  2. Have recently used Nando's Peri Peri sauce which you can get in a bottle small enough to fit in your webbing but large enough to last a couple of weeks. And damn is it hot.
  3. Thanks. I've seen that on the shelf. I'll give it a try.
  4. Try the tubes of colman's mustard - can't break and fits away nicely, also dried mixed herbs - lamb hot pot with mustard and herbs - hmmmmm.

Not so good in the fruit dumplings however.
  5. Tabasco, Baileys, Hickory BBQ sauce, Digestive biscuits crumbled up in the boil in the bags...

It's a bit easier supplementing rats when you've got a nice 70 tonne tank to transport your culinary delights :D
  6. Amoy "straight to wok" noodles
    Those little tins of Weight-watchers tuna in sauce
    Fig rolls
    Dried fruit
    Any sauce/mustard sachets I can "liberate" from the motorway services
    Pepperami "Its a bit of an animal!"
    OXO cubes
    Horlicks tablets

And if I dont have to carry it all on my back:-
    Tins of rice pudding/macaroni cheese
  7. Tabasco , Extra Hot Curry Powder.
  8. piri piri sauce is for homo's

you need encona west indian hot pepper sauce , that my friend will knock your b*llocks off !!!
  9. You're not feckin kidding, that stuff will resurrect the dead! 8O
  10. OK lets stop being limp wristed about this.... If you want to spice up your food try Dave's insanity sauce! Good blended ones available but the original which comes in a chemical bottle with a proper chemical dropper to administer the correct amount of death is best! That stuff is so strong I'll bet it would eat through the armour on a warrior.
  11. Daves Insanity Sauce is the GOD of hot sauces - I swear Rainbow Warrior was sunk because some pinko took a dump after putting some in his Lentil casserole!!
  12. point conceded ...... i had some last friday ... it felt like i was being strangled by red hot barbed wire and gave me the hiccups for 48 hours

a couple of others i got from the states are called "dead on arrival"
    and "endorphin rush" ....... scarey !!!
  13. Some git poured that into my mouth whilst i was sleeping in Iraq, not only in my mouth but on my water bottle, in my custard cream biscuits my mum had sent me and around the drinking tube of my camel back.

Pure evil.
  14. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

If only out for a couple of days then Tilda pre cooked rice packet, Green Dragon thai green curry sauce and Cauldron Foods marinated Tofu.

Makes an excellent green curry and the tofu doesn't need refrigeration for 48 hours unlike chicken.

Great for upsetting everyone who is eating rat packs.
  15. Tofu is the work of the Devil - Green Curry is the work of God.

Your Karma would remain in nuetral eating this dish......

But Tofu is still essentially evil.

Edited for scriptural purity