Will you attend Kris's funeral ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Most likely

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Video only

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
Thanks of behalf of all for posting this @Bravo_Bravo, good man. I unfortunately won't be attending, and I can't think of much worse (and dustier) than sitting alone watching the funeral on a PC screen.

I will be thinking of him and his family at the time though.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
SWMBO was very surprised when I mentioned that I'd be at the funeral. She's reminded me that we're supposed to be travelling on Thursday afternoon to a long-standing commitment. Someone is back in the country whom I've not seen in over two years, and a next opportunity for us is currently an imponderable.

I've done the sums every which way, including me getting up at sparrow's to drive to Lancashire and she and I journeying to our later destination in separate cars. I just can't make it work.

So, with a very heavy heart I've had to accept that I won't be there to see Kris off.

Kris, sorry mukker. I shall though tune in and, one way or another, will raise a glass.

I trust - know - that the rest of you will give him the best send-off.

Best,

C_C

Dwarf

LE
I can't be there, New Course, meetings and that minor inconvenience of flights, tests, place to crash and so on, I can't afford the three days off it would require.

Is there a place to send a message/mail?

I will send my best at the given time and be there with you all in spirit.

The Undertaker will forward letters or cards to the family.

"For the family of xxxxx " usually works.

Helliwells Funeral Service
Stott House, Burnley Road, Colne, BB8 8LA

BB and I can't find a Funeral Director's memorial page, although I asked. We got chatting, and as I have the time, I'm collating the tributes from Kris's RIP thread, printing it up as a neat booklet for BravoBravo to pass on to his family. So if you want to add in something very specific either add it there TODAY or PM it to me ASAP.

Even a list of 20 x 'RIP' and 20 x 'Condolences' to the family with a poster's pseudonym will give comfort, and there is much more content than that. (Will be editing out comments and discussions on unnecessary aspects of the topic, but leaving in the jokes and flavour)

EDIT: I have to work on transcribing the rest of the thread today, which takes a while to physically reformat and then I will have to present it as a more readable document.

If any one wants to put word around , people can PM me here with a specific tribute and I can add to their existing remark or substitute it, but PM'd copy will save me time, please. We would like to get them delievered to the undertaker before the funeral to maximise discretion and comfort.

IF SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HIS SERVICE HISTORY CAN FORWARD A RELEVANT BADGE OR CAN FORWARD A SUITABLE PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPH OF KRIS FOR INCLUSION ON THE FLY LEAF please let me know via PM. The couple he sent us might not suit

Last edited:
Latest:

Livestream link sent to me by Kris's brother, can bee seen in OP.

Thanks, but I'm struggling to see the link. The Facebook link goes to the Church's Facebook page, but can't see the link for Kris' funeral. I might be fat fingering this, I'd appreciate a pointer. Cheers!
I'll check again with Karl who sent it, but that was a cut and paste of what he sent me.

I suspect it only goes active when being broadcast?

seen, thank you, replied.

BB please see PM - requires speed.