Supermarkets.... some of them are really taking the piss

I got dragged round the local Morrisons...(usually it's ASDA but SWMBO decided she wanted to visit the opposition to see what they were selling), ends up we bought a couple of scotch pies (which were delicious BTW,) and some milk .
She was looking for a Chrissy pressy for eldest granddaughter, 14 years old . Doris sees a gift card , and as we like to spoil them this time of year , she picked a Debenhams gift card to the value of £50 so she could buy what she really , really ,really must have this year , and because we are really really old, we didn't have any idea what she wanted

When we got to the tills the the cost of the card was £53!!!!

Needless to say, they got told to bugger off Why would someone send £50 to her and pay £53 for the privilege of doing so,(it was a very pretty card )when we could just send banknotes instead

Are Morrison customers really that stupid, and are the supermarkets really taking the piss, or is this just more proof I am a tight bastard

Asda? Are you a poverty stricken drug addicted shoplifting benefits cheat perchance?
There's a thread on here about shopping at Lidl and Aldi that runs to about 60 pages. I'd say the Arrse demographic is pretty much in the group you're referring to.

Asda? Are you a poverty stricken drug addicted shoplifting benefits cheat perchance?
Been called that on here before, and gave a very(in my opinion) credible answer to the fanny batter that made that one...
fortunately none of the above describe me... only two boring reasons we use ASDA. 1 the local ASDA is the largest supermarket in the town and 2 Doris works there seasonally now that she's retired so the 10% discount adds up, and before christmas every year they have double discount week for the employees... so that'll be 20 % off , and another 1p in the pound if I use the asda credit / debit card

Jesus saves.............. Beagle invests

When we got to the tills the the cost of the card was £53!!!!

Needless to say, they got told to bugger off Why would someone send £50 to her and pay £53 for the privilege of doing so,(it was a very pretty card )when we could just send banknotes instead
You should put the cash in a card. A nice one should be around £3.

1&12

LE
Gift cards - have to watch them, some devalue by increments after 3 months, 6 months, expire after 12 months, whatever.

Bris

LE
There's a thread on here about shopping at Lidl and Aldi that runs to about 60 pages. I'd say the Arrse demographic is pretty much in the group you're referring to.
Cross reference it with the 'tonight I cooked' thread and you'll realise why most of them are fat & live in squalor.

Cross reference it with the 'tonight I cooked' thread and you'll realise why most of them are fat & live in squalor.
I suppose I fall into the fat part of that , but being of a certain age , I really don't give a rats arse
as to living in squalor ....nah!!!...got a paid up maid who cleans up after me sometimes

There is this thing called cash.

I believe some people still use it
Try sending it through the Royal Mail. You will have a very poor Christmas because there are more than enough thieving ckunts working for the Royal Mail these days to guarantee you won't see the money.

I'm quite aware that you shouldn't send cash through the post these days because it is guaranteed to not reach it's destination but try telling that to the elderly aunt who sent my daughter some money.through the post. It obviously had no chance of getting to her and it didn't!

I recently had a regimental blazer made and ordered the round buttons from an RGJ guy who supples them to us all. He wrapped them in a bit of plastic in an envelope and sent them to me.

The plastic wrapped buttons obviously felt like they might be some cash because when they reached me, there was a slit in the envelope where someone had had a look to see what the contents were. A postman or postwoman actually took the trouble to have an implement in his or her possession to carry out this task!

I know that the guy I brought them from personally put them in the post box so until they were put through my door, that envelope and it's contents were in the care of the Royal Mail.

There was a time when you might expect that with the odd exception, you could expect your mail not to be interfered with. It seem's that these days, thieving from your post is a guaranteed certainty.

I'm at a loss as to why I never hear of any prosecutions against thieving postmen or women.

I'm at a loss as to why I never hear of any prosecutions against thieving postmen or women.
There was a time when you might expect that with the odd exception, you could expect your mail not to be interfered with. It seem's that these days, thieving from your post is a guaranteed certainty.
@Kirkz rgjbloke called you a thief

Long-serving postman stole £17,000 worth of parcels

Postman jailed for eight years after stealing hundreds of parcels with cheques worth £2.3m | Daily Mail Online

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/postman-who-stole-bank-cards-10538355

Just had a SABC from @Grey_Mafia65 .

I bet she lives in a big house as well!

Kirkz

LE
Anyone stupid enough to send cash through the post without sending it registered/special delivery, quite frankly deserves to have it stolen. having said that most posties are honest and the thieving cunts soon get caught.
At least I don't threaten to quit and then bluster like fuck that it's somebody else's fault.

Just had a SABC from @Grey_Mafia65 .

I bet she lives in a big house as well!
You'd be wrong. I rent, for a start.
If anyone is stupid enough to send money via any courier without sending it registered, then they deserve to lose their money. That's not to say I think posties are the thieves but it's just common sense .
As BugsyIV pointed out, there are plenty of prosecutions of the bad posties, but as in every walk of life, there are always bad eggs.

Just as an item of information, here's the envelope in the condition it was in when it got to me.

The last fraction of the tear was me but most of it was where some thieving postman/women checked it out to see if it had cash in it!

Kcunts.