Supermarket shoopers - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Negligent-Discharge, Jul 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I took The Scarey One shopping yesterday at Mo******s and marvelled at their range of "Buy One Get One Free" or other Specials. That was until I noticed in the small print, that even I couldn't read let alone an OAP, that it said "Offer ends 7th July". How many of us have been fooled by this and not even realised it at the checkout. Also, she bought a 1kg bag of tatties for £1 - fair enough, but tucked away around the corner were 2.5kg bag for £1.29.... barstewards. :evil:

2. Did they do a two for one offer on the letter O?

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'Also, she bought a 1kg bag of tatties for £1 - fair enough, but tucked away around the corner were 2.5kg bag for £1.29.... barstewards'

...you cant really blame the supermarket for you being a dozy bugger who didnt look very carefully at what he was buying now can you?

;)

4. Negligent-Discharge

Yeah, fair enough, but the writing is so friggin small it's hard to see and, anyway, it's well known they'll put the higher earners where you'll see 'em first and think you've got a bargain. The whole psychology behind supermarkets is a con. Loads of UV light in the tubes over the veggies to make 'em brigght and loads of red light in the, so called, butchers section where they have geeks dressed as butchers who haven't ever seen an animal slaughtered.

5. Blimey, anyone would think that they wanted to make money.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

"Your small-print is too tiny to read. I thought these were still two for one?"

"No. Offer ended on Tuesday"

"Fine. I'm not paying for this. We're off to Tesco / Sainsburys / Generic other supermarket. Get someone to put them back on the shelves"

Job done, I would have thought.

7. Actually if the Point of Sale (label) is still displayed they must honour it, if they get arsey threaten them with trading standards.

8. I think that's right, I shopped in Morries the other day and got caught out by this. They honoured the deal and then rushed over to take the sign off the shelf

Also, had the same thing in Tescos. Good for them though, when they make a mistake like that, they don't honour the deal. They give you the item and give you back the money for it too :)

9. Not really, as long as they point out the actual price and give the shopper a chance to re-consider then then can refuse to sell anything to pretty much anyone,

(obviously not if they were charging someone one price because they were black/white/ disabled etc and then another price to others).

10. You are acutaly wrong with this, the price displayed is an invite to buy it does not have to be honoured by law, However most shops do as it is less hassel for them.

11. What he said!

12. And does any of this really matter, Mr Angry? Try writing to Morrisons. Alternatively, shop somewhere else you cheap-skate, tattie-eating, pikey b*stard.

13. Why do it the easy way though? Let's try to stop one or two squaddies from shopping at Morrisons. That'll dent their profits.

14. That'll teach you to shop in Morrisons you pikey. Go to Waitrose.

15. Negligent-Discharge

Thanks for all your comments.... as for callimg me a pikey, tatty eating whatever... get a life. I happen to be a hard working Scottish Sgt. and if you have the "pleasure" of being in front of me I shall tear yer feckin ears off befoie beasting you and then giving me and my mates some "entertainment" in the ablutions.

Waitrose quality is good, but expensive and there's no harm in Morrison's.