Superman? Indian!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Sixty, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's occasionally hard to credit the idea but the fact that the website's isn't called BARRSE notwithstanding, Current Affairs is primarily for the discussion of issues that are of global political significance or matter pertaining to the British Army.

For chat around how fantastic India is, please post on Indian Army News (IAN - it's even got a snappy acronym, assuming your name is Ian)

The above is not to say you can't post about the sub-continent, just not quite as often. It's getting really rather tedious now.

Thanks.

2. I heard that they invented the SLR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sixty

Original owners of the Falklands too. I wonder if they could take it back if Argentina kicked off again?

4. The whole Raj was just a secret plot by Indians to work out how to run a really, really officious Civil Sevice. That's why they let us conquer them, no point in letting the Belgians or Cloggies in as their admin is pants.

Lights blue touch paper and retires...

5. Apparently soldiers in the Indian Army are issued a NDM and a purple heart type medal for those who have been injured on Ops. Should we not consider awarding such medals?

6. But have they resolved that Chinese Fighting Bee infestation yet?

7. Sixty

No. Wearing such would ensure that people knew you are /were a squaddiesahib and you'd get refused service in whatever passes for Tesco over there.

8. What happened to the thread about India surpassing China in economic terms by 2050?
    I was reading it and tried to go back a page to check something and it had gone!

9. What day do they get paid?

What boots do they recommend?

Can you join the Indian airborne with dizlexyear, colour blindness,epilepsy and deafness in one ear?

10. I heard it was them that started the whole boiled eggs at BBQs thing.

11. Sixty

It's been 'put beyond use'.

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Has that fact been verified by Gen De Chastellaine?

13. They still have Sea Harriers...

There, I said it! india, falklands and Sea Harrier all in the same thread.

• Like Like x 1
  14. My cousin Gupta was thinking about joining the Indian Army PARAs as an officer. He has put down the Indian Army Military Police as a soldier as a second choice. Is this a good idea and will he get to do lots of police work if he joins the Indian Army Military Police??

Also, can someone answer a question for me. I believe the Indian Army has a newly issued uniform and the Gen Shri Nagesh has said it cannot be tucked in or have it's sleeves rolled up. Do you think it is okay for my cousin to ignore the general if his CO tells him to tuck it in and roll up his sleeves?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I like Tandoori chicken. Yumm!