Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Devil_Dog, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again the world is missing out on the world's greatest sporting event. American Football.

Never mind that it is titled as a world championship while only one country is playing....

Better than than the world cup, the Masters, Wimbledon, the Rugby world championships, all international field meets, Davis Cup, UEFA, the Premiership....

Simply the best one sided international tournament. The Superbowl.
  2. Isn't that like a girls version of Rugby?

I'd rather scoop my eyes out with a gerbil than watch even one minute of that poofy, bottom touching game.

Fags the lot of them.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You obviously did not watch the fantastic rugby match from the Millenium Stadium today - real sport, real courage, real character.
  4. This was my first American Football experience. I found the off button about 5 minutes ago. I really cannot understand the hype. For starters they seem to stop every 5 seconds for a breather and then stop play every time a player goes down with the ball? I think i'll stick to Rugby Union.
  5. Speaking after the sixth break in as many minutes, I have to agree with Paragon. Football is more entertaining than soccer or rugby. What with all the padding and safety equipment around all the players? Wouldn't want to hurt a 10 million dollar quarterback whose job is to handle the ball for five seconds then throw it, would we?
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You have completely contradicted yourself here.

Paragon was - quite rightly - slagging off Spamball.

Then you said you agreed with him, then said football (your septicball) was better than soccer or rugby.

Make your fucking mind up.

Septicball is shit by the way. Offensive and defensive teams? FFS! A rugby squad just needs the one team to go both ways, doesn't need all the padding, takes the punishment like MEN, and doesn't stop every 5 seconds.

Septicball? You can fucking keep it.
  7. How many domestic American competitions are billed as 'world championship' events? Baseball & basketball too? Any others?

Anyhow, fear not Devil Dog, David Beckham will soon be preching the gospel of the true football in your country. :biggrin:
  8. It's called a full stop.
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I used 7 of them in that post.

Whats your point?
  10. Devil Dog used one to seperate his two points. 1) That he agreed with Paragon that there are too many breaks in (American) 'Football'.
    and 2)That despite that (American) 'Football' still pisses on football and rugby.
  11. Dear Fuckgly,

You are right. I did contradict myself. Maybe I should have said Rugby is a ladies game played by the English while American Football is a man's game played by men.

As Beckham would say, "ouch! I broke a nail!"
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

And Beckham has exactly how much to do with rugby?
  13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Not clear at all. Differing views expressed in the same paragraph. If he had said "However, Football still pisses on.. etc etc" then it would have been a lot clearer.

Hey ho!
  14. American football is a game played by rednecks and queers due to the fact when they DID try to play rugby, lots of them died. Hence, they invented american football.

An absolutely pointless game. Just like baseball then. And American Ice Hockey-if you want to see a proper game of Ice Hockey, go to Finland. They're fucking nails and don't prick about on the ice pretending to 'fight'.
  15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Isn't there a new film called 'Fullback Mountain'?