Super max prisons

Serpico

Old-Salt
Because it's incorrect and looks stupid as f*ck. Always seems to be folk who are 40/50+ that do it, I assume some daft teachers used to teach it as correct in the 80's.

However dingerr, in your case, you can write however the f*ck you like, you've earned it

Priti does not need bigger prisons, just more gallows & perhaps work on weekends.
First conviction prison short stay, 2nd conviction mid sentence & 3rd time off to be hanged.
It will reduce prison population and make robbers/muggers/granny bashers think twice about crime as a career.

Serpico

Old-Salt
@crustyrusty isn't messing about eh, two drunk and disorderly then one minor assault and the judge is reaching for the black cap. We could do them publicly in batches, perhaps with other punishments for more serious crimes such as burning at the stake and drawing/quartering

You are aware that the death penalty has been proven not to be a deterrent in countless studies, eh grandad?

You are aware that the death penalty has been proven not to be a deterrent in countless studies, eh grandad?
Too right! But it's great spectator sport and makes the man on the street feel good. Can't get enough of them myself.

Serpico

Old-Salt
Awesome, they need to advise everyone who goes through Headley Court that Serpico gives them a free pass to write like mongs on the internet.

That should make them feel happier.
I'm glad to hear it, I could organise laminated passes stating such and award them it in a ceremony, perhaps this will even solve the recruitment crisis in the long term

@CrashTestDummy Hahaha, very good, seen many executions yourself pal?

bill121koln

Old-Salt
@crustyrusty isn't messing about eh, two drunk and disorderly then one minor assault and the judge is reaching for the black cap. We could do them publicly in batches, perhaps with other punishments for more serious crimes such as burning at the stake and drawing/quartering

Those executed will never re-offend. IMHO it's not so much a deterrent, more a tax payers money saving exercise.

Yes I do trigger, but it might stop you & you're family from committing crime using it as a deterrent!

Serpico

Old-Salt
Those executed will never re-offend. IMHO it's not so much a deterrent, more a tax payers money saving exercise.
Quite, neither will those who are wrongly executed. You're absolutely entitled to your opinions, but tbh I find it horrifying that you are sanctioning ending someones life in order to save the tax payer money.

@crustyrusty So you're aware of the countless studies yet think me and my family would somehow buck that trend? And I'd go careful with bringing up folks families if I were you chief. PS - it's "your" family. I wonder if the death penalty could be used as a deterrent against poor spelling and grammar?

Quite, neither will those who are wrongly executed. You're absolutely entitled to your opinions, but tbh I find it horrifying that you are sanctioning ending someones life in order to save the tax payer money.

@crustyrusty So you're aware of the countless studies yet think me and my family would somehow buck that trend? And I'd go careful with bringing up folks families if I were you chief. PS - it's "your" family. I wonder if the death penalty could be used as a deterrent against poor spelling and grammar?
You must be an English Grammar Teacher & LE Officer in between teaching young girls..
I can only bow down to you're superior knowledge gleaned from time in Ashfield & Channings Wood

Serpico

Old-Salt
You're Scottish?
That makes sense. It bloody amazes me when my jock mates insist on typing how they talk instead of how everyone else can understand them.

< Goes off in search of the elusive Bablefish.
Aye, I am indeed pal. You'll notice the odd Jock word in my posts, sometimes because they are the words I use in reality, sometimes for comedic effect, but I pride myself on my command of the Queens English old boy.

@AULD_SWEAT hink es goin oan aboot whin folk spraff like thus oan the internet eh