Super max prisons

If you are expecting each post to be a technical masterpiece, then you will be out of luck. Try the Oxford Uni English department website. It is hard enough to get contributors that have a connection with the Army in the first place, and lets face it, your average Squaddie is no Jeff Chaucer. Complaining about someones usage of "Punctuation, spelling, sentences and paragraphs " is redundant. What if the poster is not an English speaker? Do you understand the words? If the answer is yes no problem. If the answer is no, still no problem because this is a forum on the internet, and as such, not at all representative of real life.
Galfridum was a squaddie. His spelling was questionable, but his pacing and prose was so glorious as to establish that mis-mash of middle English as a viable language. That, and he was a bit of a queinte.

I am no chav....

I got my point across obviously you didn't see or get my very important point only the spelling and punctuations that I did wrong....

I also had a good education I recently purchased a new mobile phone which I'm not used to which is a touch screen and that was my fault in my post....

I'm I forgiven or do you want me sent to the Glass House until I can use my punctuations skills better hope not as I have more important things to do and worry about like the state of our crime ridden country....

Look forward to your reply
A signaller !!!!!

Try not to ridicule anyone on this forum instead be constructive with your posts !!!!

Awol

LE
Galfridum was a squaddie. His spelling was questionable, but his pacing and prose was so glorious as to establish that mis-mash of middle English as a viable language. That, and he was a bit of a queinte.
Having a young female English teacher trying to explain the meaning of queinte was priceless.

morsk

LE
I am no chav....

I got my point across obviously you didn't see or get my very important point only the spelling and punctuations that I did wrong....

I also had a good education I recently purchased a new mobile phone which I'm not used to which is a touch screen and that was my fault in my post....

I'm I forgiven or do you want me sent to the Glass House until I can use my punctuations skills better hope not as I have more important things to do and worry about like the state of our crime ridden country....

A signaller !!!!!

Try not to ridicule anyone on this forum instead be constructive with your posts !!!!
Try and work with me mate. It has not been called the 'Glass House' for about a Million years.

morsk

LE
Having a young female English teacher trying to explain the meaning of queinte was priceless.
Yeah. 'Explain'. Right.

You are correct up to a point, however, the technical Regiments & Corps, Signals, Engineers and REME, Intelligence Corps, all medical corps, and certain sections of the RLC, it is a perquisite that a good understanding of English is both its written and spoken forms, is required.

It helps to be able to understand the thoughts and comments, arguments and banter, if it is spelt and punctuated correctly, it's a basic requirement of a civilised society, and good manners, which cost nothing.
Not that long ago, recruits with poor barb scores were being pushed into the RAMC, RMP and AGC roles. Many got low scores because they couldn't understand the questions . You'd expect these people to need the ability to communicate (and on some cases understand some elements of Latin), apparent not.

Lifeboat21

Old-Salt
Not that long ago, recruits with poor barb scores were being pushed into the RAMC, RMP and AGC roles. Many got low scores because they couldn't understand the questions . You'd expect these people to need the ability to communicate (and on some cases understand some elements of Latin), apparent not.
I believe that the AGC required an E in GCSE English at one point.

I am no chav....

A signaller !!!!!

You may have had a good education but not in any school that taught English language because you still can't punctuate to make a somewhat valid point. Was it an approved school?

Interested to know when you served because the last time I heard a military nick referred to as a Glass House was by my father and his generation, and I served from 1975-2012.

You may have had a good education but not in any school that taught English language because you still can't punctuate to make a somewhat valid point. Was it an approved school?

Interested to know when you served because the last time I heard a military nick referred to as a Glass House was by my father and his generation, and I served from 1975-2012.

What he said, and I served in the early 70's, the only time I heard the term "class house", was by a WW2 served officer, a one Mr Lassiter, RIP. OP, FFS change your user name, ( If that is in fact your number ) it can, and will be traced, your PERSEC is crap.

I believe that the AGC required an E in GCSE English at one point.
We had people who could barely speak any English at all turn up at Winchester. Many of them were intelligent (other than deciding on being a clerk of course) just had limited English skills which is why they didn't understand the various entrance tests and scored badly.

There was a story going round that Keogh barracks stopped taking CMTs for a while as they spent the budget on basic English courses. It may not be true, but it is believable.

Shakespeare couldn't even spell his own name.
View attachment 409935
His punctuation was by today's frigid standards electric. If he was on arrse now he would probably call the grammar nazis Fopdoodle's, goose-saddlers, dorbel's or cwnt's.

I made the last one up
The last one looks Welsh to me

Serpico

Old-Salt
It really grips my shit when people leave a space between the word and the punctuation, WTF ???

Hanging is too good for them