Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by siz_87, Aug 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question regarding Substitution Pay. I have been told according to the Deployment orders there is no entitlement to SUPA on OP HERRICK. Could anyone enlighten me as to why this is? I would have thought if the response of, 'nature of operations' was brought up, JSP 754 would highlight this.

Help is much appreciated.
  2. Without the JSP in front of me, I can't give a proper answer, however there is no LOCAL rank on tour. You may also want to check the pay/allowances part of the Op HERRICK mounting order.
  3. Is this some kind of HERRICK/Army randomness? I know loads of people who've held Local Rank on tour - starting with me!
  4. Acting rank (getting paid for it) is fine, but not unpaid, local - that's what the good book says!
  5. acting rank is preferred but if it can be justified SUPA is admissible if acting rank cannot be granted. This was 2010/11 though and my current role means i may be out of date!!
  6. supa is not and has never been admissible for op tours ... the ONLY way around it is the granting of acting rank ... JSP 754 explains it in full ....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)