Sunny Bordon

Discussion in 'REME' started by Madtyke, May 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen this quote on the MOD REME site

"Bordon is what some people may call a well kept secret. Many people who have visited or served in the forces are keen to return!"

Is somebody having a laugh, from what I remember, Bordon was a sh1t hole and I for one have no inclination to return, I think it should be kept a secret. What say the rest of you?
  2. You said the "B" word!

3. Bordon is all things to all men; I have had some crap times there (basic, the odd eqpt course) and some awesome times (class 1, tiffy course, the odd eqpt course). Granted, in Bordon is pants, but if you have the wherewithal to get outide it's confines there is so much on your doorstep, London, Guildford, Portsmouth, the A272, Goodwood... do you want more?
  4. Not forgetting the Passfield Oak..."Tainted Love", anyone?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bordon is fantastic!!

6. the delightful passfield oak has closed its doors for ever, and is now an office building :cry:
  7. My sister has lived there.
    My missus has lived there.

What do they have in common? They would both go back there any day. Strange, but true.

The quarters may be small but the location is great. Pompi, Guildford, Farnham, Basingstoke.... all great places to go to.

Our general feeling was that those who hated it never really got off their arrses to experience the place properly.

8. That Bordon Kebab Van really is fantastic, isn't it??? :D :D :D

Maj_B, agree with most of your comment, but the A272?

Interesting hobby, or something I've missed? 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. You don't own a motorbike, do you? I'd explain but I'm too busy crying over the closure of the Pissfield Oak :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

TMW, I'd love to show you how "Tainted Love" should be done but apparently there's no karaoke at Mrs TMW's party next week. It's not too late to change... :wink:
  10. I thought you were about to reveal that you married your sister :lol: :lol:
  11. The best and I mean the best god'am kebabs in the world
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The largest Pizza's in Hampshire @ Snappy's
  13. Ahhhh...Bordon, Kebabs, clock watching, dust coats, paroxide pat, tick tests, project partners, somerfields, muster parades, sports afternoons, smell of the guardroom, QRF, monday musters in the snow, name tags, the cleaners !!, font 4, marching squads, duty course, barrack damages, plastic pint pots. Ahhh it
    • Like Like x 2

14. Ah, the age old argument... Van or Shop :wink:
  15. You joined, just to say that? I'm honoured :wink:

Sorry, I must have missed that argument, I always thought it was a one horse race to the van. Much more generous with the portions especially the fresh chillies (which we nicked when he wasnt looking!).

Anyway, it was much less of a tactical manoeuvre to have a pish beside the van! :lol:
    • Like Like x 1