Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sunnis vs Shia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22741588

Viewed dispassionately and not withstanding the obvious implications regarding oil supplies, who thinks we should just let them all fight it out and we can remain firmly at the sidelines?

I personally don't think there will be peace in the Middle East until one single dominant force remains, which whom we can then make a practical peace with.

Anyone any better ideas? I am not Tony Blair BTW...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

BBC News - Syria conflict: Cleric Qaradawi urges Sunnis to join rebels

Viewed dispassionately and not withstanding the obvious implications regarding oil supplies, who thinks we should just let them all fight it out and we can remain firmly at the sidelines?

I personally don't think there will be peace in the Middle East until one single dominant force remains, which whom we can then make a practical peace with.

Anyone any better ideas? I am not Tony Blair BTW...

I see a flaw with your plan.

You (the west) will be unable to make any 'practical peace' with the shia side of Islam. I would love it to be possible but having studied the relevant texts it cannot happen. It all revolves around the interpretation of the Qur'an and Hadiths. They can be read either as for peace (the true way) or for jihad. Understanding does not help as 'non-believers' can always be held as an enemy or at best only to be tolerated whilst peaceful. Islam deems itself the true religion of all and we are all born muslims and are only diverted by our parents / state. So each must be fought!

So we let them fight it out for the next x no of years and then we deal with what's left? We can live with them but they cannot tolerate the infidel?

So we let them fight it out for the next x no of years and then we deal with what's left? We can live with them but they cannot tolerate the infidel?

Why even bother dealing with them bogie?

Let them kill each other!

If we get involved, that'll add the infidel element. They'll forget about killing each other for a while & start on the Kufr.

Let them get on with it.....pass the cheese & onion crisps!