sunglass lenses

looking at getting a pair of oakleys for personal use not military as im not sheduled to go anywhere near the sandpit soon, but can anyone explain what the difference is between normal lenses and polarised lenses are

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
polarised lenses cut down on glare from the sun reflecting off water/glass - something to do with the light waves travelling parallel to one another after they are reflected.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I always get them with mine, I seem to notice a difference.

They are good for when skiing too as they stop glare from the snow.

Good if you are a fisherman, they let you see into the water on sunny days, past any glare that may be there.

I thought most windscreens were polarised these days??

tank6275 said:
well in civvy street im a lorry driver, tend to get a lot of glare from windscreens
Not recommended mate
Polarised shades highlight the lamination in the windsreen.

ordinaryforces said:
tank6275 said:
well in civvy street im a lorry driver, tend to get a lot of glare from windscreens
Not recommended mate
I have polarised sunnies and the plus side effect it has is that I can see right through a car instead of getting glare from the windshields and rearwindow. I prefer polarised for driving.

lol mixed results there! dunno which to go for still but if your a regular driver cloggie id be more likely to sway with you. you a civvy driver or a loggie? im both haha

tank6275 said:
lol mixed results there! dunno which to go for still but if your a regular driver cloggie id be more likely to sway with you. you a civvy driver or a loggie? im both haha
I'm a loggie in civvy street,rifleman in the TA :)
Just ask the sunglass salesman for the pro's and con's.
I'm sure he or she can advise you what to go for.

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer
ordinaryforces said:
tank6275 said:
Not recommended mate
For what its worth, I find that you can only see the lamination on the rear windscreen of a car..

I don't know if lorry's are different, but I have polarised sunglasses for car driving and they seem fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smoojalooge Infantry 6
cpunk Weapons, Equipment & Rations 47
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 7