• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

sunday uniform

on sunday im going to my local rememberance parade, im not sure wether to wear my 2s or not. is going over the top wearing them or not.

i have just got out but im wearing my medals and the veterans badge and having a good drink with the old boys and pulling up some sandbags

see aint got me medels yet so look a bit bare. think i will wear them ( immacuatly) .first year i can wear it there so...

Not ex-forces myself but I am my local RBL branch Parade Marshal and I personally would welcome any service personnel whether in 95s or No2 dress. I would prefer 2 dress but combats perfectly acceptable.
You would be warmly received and royally looked after in the bar later.

davyskuller said:
would 95's be frowned upon?
I doubt any old soldiers will pull you up on it. Most TA, nearly all ACF adults and cadets are issued with nothing else. Just look as smart as you can in it

No one should grip you for wearing 95s, but if they do tell them 'it's a festival of rememberance, not a fashion parade.'

Then tell them to fück off and mind there own business

Stand tall and be proud. I went to the RBL poppy ball over here last night and was unsure to wear my minatures or not with the old black tie ensemble. Turned up and all the veterans were wearing them (so I put mine on) as one said "You earned them......."

So I say again Stand Tall and Be Proud.

If you've got No 2s then you should wear them as opposed to Cbt 95. You shouldn't wear blues.

Either way, ensure you're immaculate and don't be tempted to hang one on in the pub afterwards in uniform. You never know who might be cutting around in civvies....

ADUX said:
If you've got No 2s then you should wear them as opposed to Cbt 95. You shouldn't wear blues.

Either way, ensure you're immaculate and don't be tempted to hang one on in the pub afterwards in uniform. You never know who might be cutting around in civvies....
Agreed - blues for celebration, 2's for remembrance.

I shall attend in civvies, the act of rememberance is personal, from me to them, I will not seek attention, I will also be pissed as it's the regi reunion tonight.

Latest Threads