Sunday the 8th at the Cenotaph

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by spaz, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't intend to intrude on anybody’s remembrance but Artemis and I shall be attending the Cenotaph service and were wondering if anybody fancied a snifter afterwards.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I usually head to Hyde Park Corner for the Gunner jobbie, and I know that a few others are usually there as well (Whitehall that is).

The Moon seems to be the usual RV post Parade; I'll give 'erself a shout on the day before to confirm.

Be good to see you again!
  3. I'll leave a similar request for Edinburgh
  4. And you, I'm sure we can make our way there for a quick one.
  5. Hi mate, I'll be there, but I dont know the RV as yet, I'll contact sainty
  6. Can't make London as I'm laying a wreath here in sunny Yorkshire.
    But if any of you hard barstards want to be made to feel inadequate, I'll happily drink you under the table, you big jessies with your wee glasses of sherry and your cocktail sausages on sticks! :D :D

I'll be in the drill hall in Keighley on Sunday 8th.

It's your round. :wink:

Of we could just have a glass or two at the bar and watch the old boys dancing with the young girl cadets like last year. (Bit creepy that).
    Then I'll probably fall asleep on the bus on the way home, miss my stop and have to walk back. Again. :oops:

7. OR you could get really gazeboed and do what Sheffield Hallam students do......
  8. I avoid the Moon like the plague. Go down the Westminster instead. It's only a 2 minute walk, and a lot quieter. I might be there. Unsure as of yet due to possible commitments.
  9. Gremlin

Agreed, personally I loath the place, but it does seem to end up being the regular spot!

Whereabouts is The Westminster then?
  10. Is that the place we went last year with those bloody matelots :D
  11. Gremlin

I didn't go anywhere last year, especially with a bunch of ***********PC edit**************** :D

Did they turn you then?
  12. Only to trying swordfighting, the metal ones, not the flesh ones, Grem :D
  13. That's right. Had a good drink, and took the pish a lot.

Grem, the Westminster is at the bottom of Whitehall, hang a right, and it's on the left hand side. Not far from Parliament square.

Map here:
  14. Looks good to go then :D
  15. If you're lucky Carpe Diem might arrive with his posh totty lady on his arm......I still would ;)