Sunday roast??

D

Deleted 20555

erm... there are easier roasts to do as a first time...are chickens off the menu?

if you`ll accept a smidge of advice from `The Enemy`....do your roast tatties in goosefat. Part boil them first, then into piping hot goosefat. Unless any of your guests are dieting, your lunch should reach legendary status pretty quickly.

Hope it goes well.

B

Barbarella

wrap it in foil and let it rest for a good 20 to 30 mins when it has cooked - it will carve easier.
If you aren't sure about your Yorkshire Pud standards then get the uncooked Aunt Bessies ones (in the box) - otherwise make sure that the oil is really hot in the tin before you put the batter in.
Don't forget the horseradish, shove a bit in some mash if you are feeling really adventurous...

erm... there are easier roasts to do as a first time...are chickens off the menu?
Sorry didn't use the grammar an stuff in the correct order.

I'm not a complete novice we had a chicken curry last Sunday, from scratch which was *kisses finger tips* superb. The reason against chicken is just that we always eat chicken I fancied beef, made a roast beef before just not for alot of people I was looking for a wow factor.

Veggies,

5 carrots
6 parsnips
6 king Edwards
Red onion
Mushrooms

Got goose fat

I know how to male wicked roast potatoes (took a few attempts)

Just looking for summat different to do with the beef,

Got lots of spices an sea salt.

Any ideas??

Sorry didn't use the grammar an stuff in the correct order.

I'm not a complete novice we had a chicken curry last Sunday, from scratch which was *kisses finger tips* superb. The reason against chicken is just that we always eat chicken I fancied beef, made a roast beef before just not for alot of people I was looking for a wow factor.
You'll get a wow if any of your guests are Hindus.

D

Deleted 20555

Buy the Yorkshire puddings and a decent gravy - get a good horse radish and for the roast potatoes I recommend cheating as follow@

Peel roasting potatoes
Halfveand parboil
Put aside and 20 minutes before serving deep fry in a chip pan.
They come out sort of like giant chips but look live extra crispy roast potatoes - fluffy inside, serve with a butter.
Everyone will be amazed and you won't have the little feckers sticking to the roasting pan.

Mushrooms? Not a classic partner for a roast - or is that just me?

Get a rib joint, DO NOT OVERCOOK IT - you want it rare or medium - and ignore any timings a supermarket puts against it as they are always tosh. Make gravy with shedloads of red wine and a bit of marmite.

Mushrooms? Not a classic partner for a roast - or is that just me?

Get a rib joint, DO NOT OVERCOOK IT - you want it rare or medium - and ignore any timings a supermarket puts against it as they are always tosh. Make gravy with shedloads of red wine and a bit of marmite.
Just had the mushrooms left over from last nights risotto, thought I could use them (love mushrooms)
Thought maybe in the gravy with the red onion.

I like to skin the potatoes cut to right size then boil, drain water ( use some for the meat) ruff them up until fluffy looking an cook with the meat with goose fat on them, any juice that's left from the meat use to make gravy.