Sunday roast??

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Talibanfingahunter, Aug 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm having 6or 7 friends over this Sunday for a roast.

I'm cooking, first time ever. Going to do roast beef.

Anyone any hints and or tips for making it better?

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

erm... there are easier roasts to do as a first time...are chickens off the menu?

3. Turn the oven on.

4. if you`ll accept a smidge of advice from `The Enemy`....do your roast tatties in goosefat. Part boil them first, then into piping hot goosefat. Unless any of your guests are dieting, your lunch should reach legendary status pretty quickly.

Hope it goes well.

5. remember to do some potatoes

• Like Like x 4
  6. wrap it in foil and let it rest for a good 20 to 30 mins when it has cooked - it will carve easier.
    If you aren't sure about your Yorkshire Pud standards then get the uncooked Aunt Bessies ones (in the box) - otherwise make sure that the oil is really hot in the tin before you put the batter in.
    Don't forget the horseradish, shove a bit in some mash if you are feeling really adventurous...

7. remember some veggies

8. Isn't he cooking for them?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh and a nice bottle of red, I would recommend a Barolo or a Barbera

10. Get everyone hammered on red wine before hans, they will not remember what the food was like!

11. Sorry didn't use the grammar an stuff in the correct order.

I'm not a complete novice we had a chicken curry last Sunday, from scratch which was *kisses finger tips* superb. The reason against chicken is just that we always eat chicken I fancied beef, made a roast beef before just not for alot of people I was looking for a wow factor.

12. HHH

HHH LE

Why do they have to get drunk before the German guest ??

• Like Like x 1