Sunbeam S7 500cc

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
My Dad is moving house following the death of my Mum last year and he's downsizing radically. One of the things which must go is his long dormant project of a 1952 Sunbeam S8. Originally I was going to take it on, but after much soul searching I admitted to myself it was going to remain a garage queen for years to come - and I just don't have the space.

The engine has been refurbed (probably 15 years ago) cylinders rebored, crank reground etc, wheels returned and new chrome pipes purchased, it comes with a spare engine and apart from a new wiring loom, battery box saddle, and Speedo cable I think that everything else is ready to be put together.

Is there any Arrser interested in taking this on?
I can post pics of anyone is interested.

S

My Dad is moving house following the death of my Mum last year and he's downsizing radically. One of the things which must go is his long dormant project of a 1952 Sunbeam S8. Originally I was going to take it on, but after much soul searching I admitted to myself it was going to remain a garage queen for years to come - and I just don't have the space.

The engine has been refurbed (probably 15 years ago) cylinders rebored, crank reground etc, wheels returned and new chrome pipes purchased, it comes with a spare engine and apart from a new wiring loom, battery box saddle, and Speedo cable I think that everything else is ready to be put together.

S

Interesting bike, put some pictures up if you can
It wouldbe an interesting and worthwhile project

S

Good luck - get some photos up anyway.
Can't help you myself as I'm more into retro rocker styling but for some reason the Sunbeam S7 and S8 are on my fave classics list - more like a period car engine I'm led to believe.

Good luck - get some photos up anyway.
Can't help you myself as I'm more into retro rocker styling but for some reason the Sunbeam S7 and S8 are on my fave classics list - more like a period car engine I'm led to believe.

Shaft drive and a for/aft inline engine
Quite innovative in it's day and has a look of lot of modern bobbers

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd love to be able to take on something like this, but it's going to much for me to buy and I'm still waiting on the builder sorting my leaking roof garage/workshop roof

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
you could advertise it on Stewart engineers bulletin page
or perhaps contact the club
if a bloke from Gloucestershire contacts you, message me first, he is a shyster
he often run a scan through forums for classic bikes for sale
has a habit of forgetting to pay the correct price
also has it got its origional registration, be careful as some dealers will chase you to simply buy the bike and flog the reg number off

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
1638908204385.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
1638908332201.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
1638908468680.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
That doesn't actually look that bad, are all the parts there?
As far as I'm aware, apart from the bits i listed in the original post.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Dad also has the original log book

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I would love to take it on, I have a friend who is a talented motorcycle engineer
but I also have too many projects
and I am so used to a European bike, it would never cope with me ( pedals on the wrong way around)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I would love to take it on, I have a friend who is a talented motorcycle engineer
but I also have too many projects
and I am so used to a European bike, it would never cope with me ( pedals on the wrong way around)
You know you want to....

My mate has a couple of old bikes (BSA Gold Star, Triumph) I'll ask him. Roughly where are you in the country?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a clock running on this, my Dad is soon moving so we need the sunbeam gone by Christmas ideally.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
My mate has a couple of old bikes (BSA Gold Star, Triumph) I'll ask him. Roughly where are you in the country?
West Midlands

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
You know you want to....
They are lovely motorcycles, I used to go past Stewart Engineering when they were at Putney
my old man loved Sunbeams as well, a real high class motorcycle for gentlemen
but the Morris Needs some love
plus my house
and several of my daughters houses
Make sure its nice and secure as well
a lot of classic bikes seem to vanish of late, dont leave the garage doors open, in case the local scum spot it
and dont give a location on any website

Latest Threads