• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sun fan gives hero a home

B

Biscuits_AB

I wonder how long it'll be before 'Dave' starts walking about the house in the buff?

OLDBIGHEAD said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1854725.ece

Top bloke. :D
Good bloke it would seem. What a strange society we live in though. If I had my way, British citizens would be helped first and foremost before spending our taxes on anyone else.

He is living in a discovery which is at the high end of the homeless scale.

Housing benefit is available if he can't work out how to get it perhaps he shouldn't have left the army

He certainly doesn't look like he's missing his meals and if he's scoffin tesco butties he's got far too much cash

Alternatively he could contact one of the many services charidies and they would point him in the right direction

Its incredibly helpful that the sun found this fella within spitting distance of the afghan housing story..............................Cynical, Moi? Never!

Perturbed said:
OLDBIGHEAD said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1854725.ece

Top bloke. :D
Good bloke it would seem. What a strange society we live in though. If I had my way, British citizens would be helped first and foremost before spending our taxes on anyone else.
As they say, "you couldn't make it up".

Strange society? I'll say. We can't house our own people but we shovel millions in aid towards countries with space programmes. Still, the next series of Big Brother will be on soon so why worry?

thegimp said:
He is living in a discovery which is at the high end of the homeless scale.

Housing benefit is available if he can't work out how to get it perhaps he shouldn't have left the army

He certainly doesn't look like he's missing his meals and if he's scoffin tesco butties he's got far too much cash

Alternatively he could contact one of the many services charidies and they would point him in the right direction

Its incredibly helpful that the sun found this fella within spitting distance of the afghan housing story..............................Cynical, Moi? Never!
Cant argue with that, it doesnt go into much detail as to why he is homeless, so its hard to judge. On face value, its anice gesture anyway. You, cynical? Very probably, but its hard not to be these days ! :lol:

It's good there are people out there like this chap - I hope this helps this guy get his footing in civvy street so he can get everything sorted.

Edited to add: Again, on face value as per the above posts. I hope it is just a story of someone helping a bloke in need, but the cynical part of me is asking whether that is the case.

thegimp said:
It is possible to do that for free.

http://freegan.info/

thegimp said:
You could well be on to something there. I hope not but have my doubts. Need to learn to keep my cynical mode constantly running. Sad really. :pissedoff:

I like the idea of free stuff but these fcuker can only spend so much time sourceing free sh+t because the believe in

"Working Less / Voluntary Joblessness
How much of our lives do we sacrifice to pay bills and buy more stuff? For most of us, work means sacrificing our freedom to take orders from someone else, stress, boredom, monotony, and in many cases risks to our physical and psychological well-being"

No fecking doubt what so ever that their "living outside the realms of capitalism" doesn't involve shunning Gvt handouts on a fortnightly basis............................

The guy looks pretty well capable of earning a crust so why is he living in a bleedin car,? so theres no council house available, rent somewhere, FFS hes only got himself to look after the feckless sponging git

levi said:
Well done to this chap ,Wish the goverment was so understanding to our troops and there familys
FFS , the guy joined the army (presumably of his own free will), he was trained by the army, fed by the army, paid by the army, and housed by the army, he then served in a war zone, big deal, that is actually what soldiers are trained for and paid to do , he then leaves the army again i presume of his own free will , he then makes the decision to live in a car, his choice , none of all this makes him a hero, or a case for special treatment, he appears to me to be just another waster wanting charity

auxie said:
levi said:
Well done to this chap ,Wish the goverment was so understanding to our troops and there familys
FFS , the guy joined the army (presumably of his own free will), he was trained by the army, fed by the army, paid by the army, and housed by the army, he then served in a war zone, big deal, that is actually what soldiers are trained for and paid to do , he then leaves the army again i presume of his own free will , he then makes the decision to live in a car, his choice , none of all this makes him a hero, or a case for special treatment, he appears to me to be a just another wasster wanting charity
It's not really a qustion of wanting charity, a council house isn't charity, it's a place where you can live.
You have an address, it's easier to get a job. no fixed address, then zilch.
I agree, not everyone is a hero, just cause youv'e served, just part of the team, the real heroes get bloody great gongs on them, refering to every ex tom as a hero is quite wrong.
I do think the country has a responsibility to house this chap once he has done his time, if he was an ex con they would be bending over backwards. Esp as he has done 12 years. Not really wanting preferential treatment, but he has served, therefor the country does owe him to a certain extent, don't have a clue as to what the severance stipend is after 12, should have been sufficient to help him on the housing ladder.
Strange how councils have an obligation to housing migrant workers and not its own citizens.
Excuse the typos, Iv'e got a broken arm

Latest Threads