Summer Working Hours

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mysteron, Jun 21, 2005.

?
  1. Yes, Great Idea.

58.1%
  2. No, Get back in your box you necky git.

41.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Why doesn't someone have the balls to impose summer working hours while the weather is nice?

It is hot, sunny and far to sticky to be indoors all day.

Summer working hours 6am to 1pm (thats 0600 to 1300hrs to those green facists!). Same amount as a normal working day, mostly done in cooler periods, allows PT to continue and you get to go home, spend time with the family (really good for those who are soon to deploy) and improves efficency.

So why not? Answers on a melted ice cream.....

2. Difficult to drop kids off at school or look after them when in work at 0600. All bills for childminders to mysteron?

3. mysteron

Thats what wife is for...........

4. Unreliable transport links can't get our arrses in towns on bloody time let alone 0600hrs!

5. mysteron

walk, take a donkey, drive or go on magic carpet (Taxi)

6. I'll let you explain that one to Mrs CS. When she gets back from work. :lol:

7. air-con tends to solve the problem you stated though ?

Come on it's hardly Dhekelia here on an average summers day!

8. Yes, but what happens if the French invade at 14:00?

OK, they're at lunch 'til 16:00 at least but you get my drift.

V!

9. TA can take over and do the back-shift!

10. We only do weekends and 1 night a week. :D

11. I worked summer hours at my last two units. We worked from 07:00 until 14:00. Normal NAAFI break at 10 and then work straight through. Its a top idea but no pers admin was allowed until after work so by the time you'd got that out of the way and eaten, you hadn't effectively gained much. Still, when the sun is beating down during afternoon NAAFI break when you could be down the pool it is a small price to pay :)

12. I struggle like buggery to get into work by 0830. If it was 0600 I would have to resign for the summer months. Silly idea.

13. I worked summer hoursduring my time at 21 sigs. This was 5 years ago and i'm still paying the bugger off. Knocked off at 2 then somehow managed to end up down bath sat in a beer garden. Well after a few we got the taste it seemed rude to go back early. Doing this everyday for 4 months was not the healthiest or most sensible thing to do but DAM was it fun.

14. Summer hours for half a dozen warm days in the U.K? Feckin maddness. What next decent wages and bullying?

15. This reminds me of Robin Willimas in Good morning Vietnam

'Hey Whats the time'

'Its 0600 whats the 0 stand for .... Oh my god its early!!'

0600 to go to work, are you mad!! Some people have some distances to travel.

The Uk doesnt have enough summer to justify doing this!!