Summer time, and the living is easy

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is it buggary.

Walking into the dry cleaners to be told "We have put your linen suit through four times but the yellow stains around the crotch will not come out. Sorry. Hows your Mum Mr. Duke?"

Your Chuck Taylor Converse All Star bumpers? Tie them too tight and you squeak when you walk. Tie them too loose and you trip over the sodding laces.

And its ages before we can blow birds to buggary up on the moors.

Dont start me on garden shed maintainence, all right?

Summer time aint easy at all.

2. Dude, have a beer & chill!

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Ages? It's only just over 4 weeks you impatient sod!

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Dear boy your taking the wrong quarry, shoot peasants not pheasants. More of the buggers bigger targets and much more interesting spills especially if one takes on off of a tower block roof.

5. Can you not just claim your dogs got 'accidentally out of control at the scent of a fox' and you were forced to chase them on horseback across miles of countyside to stop them hurting the poor beast? I confess I'm not competely au fait with the current SOP for 'Actions on fox'.

7. I was hit by a cricket ball in the thigh last night. The umpire stopped play twice because the rain was putting his fag out.

There's roadworks on the M25 again that will add an hour to my journey to the airport.

RyanAir charged me £10 to use a credit card to book the flights, robbing pikey b'stards.

My hair's gone all curly in this rain.

My breakfast scone went a bit stale overnight.

You're right, this fecking summer, eh?

8. Just back from a weeks surfing in Cornwall - yup, summer is lovely!

9. Me too mate :D where did you go?

Weather here (Scouseland) is depressing. Off to Devon surfing for another week next month though :D

10. oooh when and where?? we're doing the Devonian surf thang in August! if anyone is looking for a campsite thats along the lines of 18-30's camping try Europa at Woolacombe! Stag and hen parties welcome, lively bar and the food was good too...all you can eat brekkie for under a fiver (never tell a 6ft3 14 year old its all you can eat....we had to get him in a headlock to get him away!!) We had a fab weekend there recently!

11. Off to Woolacombe bay on the Bank holiday weekend for a week. Have you surfed there before? Is it generally decent on most days? Stayed in Perranporthe earlier this month and it was mega!

12. Woolie is ace, head to Putsborough end to avoid crowding. Tends to be better just after high tide! Surf can be a bit hit and miss but check out the eyeball-surfcheck site. Trev Lumley who owns a cafe in Woolie does a daily surf report and has webcams set up on all the breaks!! (he also does a nice line in homemade cakes :D)

http://www.eyeball-surfcheck.co.uk

13. Excellent! Just hope the weather improves in the next month or so!

Mobile Thai food place will be found if it still exists, im not cooking on my MSR pocket rocket all week!

14. word has it on long range forecasts that weather is improving, and for bad days there's always The Red Barn :D

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

See? This is how it starts. A minor waft of pale yellow sun, and they are all off to Cornwall (for our foreign readers, Cornwall is a Sept of Wales, which is a big lot of waste ground that we English own. Think the ginger dwarf out of Lord of the Rings, but stuffing his face with pasty's. Pasty's are a sort of Welsh pie which.... ah, do a Wiki?)

Where was I? Ah yes.

The temp goes up above 15C and there you are. With your wheely sheds and smelly chemical toilets and workshy attitude, sodding off to Cornwall to float about on planks and sing the theme tune from Hawai 5-0.

You should be ashamed. I do not know how you sleep with yourselves.