Summer Rugby Tours Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, Jun 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Magnificent performance this morning by Scotland in Newcastle. Whiny Aussies might say that their team was weakened and experimental but so was Scotland's. The weather was shocking and clearly played into Scotland's favour but they defended superbly in the second half of the game and fully deserved a brilliant win.

Booing Aussie fans attempting to put the kicker off made it more enjoyable.

Well done Scotland !!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Apparently it was cold down there! 12 deg c is not cold!!! The Jocks were sweating even under all that rain as it was considered warm! Well done Scotland a good game played and very enjoyable to watch!

3. Great performance and we bushwhacked the Aussies in their own backyard

4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Was following it on BBC as it happened (between patients of course!), kept thinking that having started we, we'd end up slipping in second half.

Not Scotland's usual style of play at all. Winning that is!

Mind you that is 2 in a row against Australia. Must remember that stat for next year's 6N.

5. I love reading the Aussie press after results like these.:) When we beat them a couple of years ago (by a similar score, in similar conditions) the Sydney Morning Herald was full of whingeing bastards blaming everything except their players who simply ran out of ideas that day. They go on about whingeing Poms but TBF to the English, on the odd occasion we beat them, they suck it up with good grace. The Wallabies and their supporters are Rugby Union's worst losers by a country mile.

6. There is one constant. Sweaties score as always is divisible by 3???

7. Aussie rugby fans (and Aussies in general) are classless losers. It's always pleasing to see them lose.

I thought Scotland's defence was magnificent and a credit to their English coach ;-)

8. I missed the match. I heard there was some good rugby played.

I'll see if I can find the game on the net somewhere.

9. I wouldn't go that far. The weather was atrocious. Great defending by Scotland but a festival of rugby it wasn't.

10. I'll not devote too much effort in finding it then.

11. As was the Aussies today

12. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Has anybody found a link to it on the net?

13. I've always thought Andy Robinson does very well with such a limited group of players to pick from.

A great win from Scotland today. Now they just have to perform like this consistently.^^

14. Congrats to Scotland. I've been away and missed this game - as well as the Wales v Baa-Baas game. I wish I could have seen them both. Would have loved to have seen the Jocks do the Aussies.

15. Picking three flankers in the back row really worked for them today, I thought they were all outstanding. Is there any way back for Johnnie Beattie?