• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Summer Rugby Tours Thread.

Magnificent performance this morning by Scotland in Newcastle. Whiny Aussies might say that their team was weakened and experimental but so was Scotland's. The weather was shocking and clearly played into Scotland's favour but they defended superbly in the second half of the game and fully deserved a brilliant win.

Booing Aussie fans attempting to put the kicker off made it more enjoyable.

Well done Scotland !!

Apparently it was cold down there! 12 deg c is not cold!!! The Jocks were sweating even under all that rain as it was considered warm! Well done Scotland a good game played and very enjoyable to watch!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was following it on BBC as it happened (between patients of course!), kept thinking that having started we, we'd end up slipping in second half.

Not Scotland's usual style of play at all. Winning that is!

Mind you that is 2 in a row against Australia. Must remember that stat for next year's 6N.

I love reading the Aussie press after results like these.:) When we beat them a couple of years ago (by a similar score, in similar conditions) the Sydney Morning Herald was full of whingeing bastards blaming everything except their players who simply ran out of ideas that day. They go on about whingeing Poms but TBF to the English, on the odd occasion we beat them, they suck it up with good grace. The Wallabies and their supporters are Rugby Union's worst losers by a country mile.

Aussie rugby fans (and Aussies in general) are classless losers. It's always pleasing to see them lose.

I thought Scotland's defence was magnificent and a credit to their English coach ;-)

P

PrinceAlbert

I missed the match. I heard there was some good rugby played.

I'll see if I can find the game on the net somewhere.

Aussie rugby fans (and Aussies in general) are classless losers. It's always pleasing to see them lose.

I thought Scotland's defence was magnificent and a credit to their English coach ;-)
I've always thought Andy Robinson does very well with such a limited group of players to pick from.

A great win from Scotland today. Now they just have to perform like this consistently.^^

Congrats to Scotland. I've been away and missed this game - as well as the Wales v Baa-Baas game. I wish I could have seen them both. Would have loved to have seen the Jocks do the Aussies.

Picking three flankers in the back row really worked for them today, I thought they were all outstanding. Is there any way back for Johnnie Beattie?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Picking three flankers in the back row really worked for them today, I thought they were all outstanding. Is there any way back for Johnnie Beattie?
Not quite sure what's happened to Johnny Beattie, hasn't even been first choice for Glasgow though has been good when come on as a replacement. Suspect repeated injuries hasn't done him much good.

Not quite sure what's happened to Johnny Beattie, hasn't even been first choice for Glasgow though has been good when come on as a replacement. Suspect repeated injuries hasn't done him much good.
He's just not as good as David Denton, and can be a bit wishy washy in defence. Now the Scots just have to get the pack and the backs to work together, and they'll be a decent side.

Quite how you can be expected to have a competitive game with Italy and then being Australia away I don't know!

He hasn't been too good for about a season and a half. He got injured and struggled to get back into the Glasgow team, and it was been said he fell out with the coaching staff of Glasgow and Scotland too. He has now signed with Montpellier.

Am I right in thinking that the only TV coverage of Australia v Wales this Saturday is by S4C? If so how the hell am I supposed to get to see it in a non S4C area - specifically the Black Country?

Saturday looks like being a great day with SA v England, NZ v Ireland and Australia v Wales. Come on you Brits (and Irish!)

Latest Threads