Summer leave

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by deanna_01, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been told that summer leave is august time, i was just wondering if you get summer leave when your in basic training at winchester?
  2. No.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. But look on the bright side, you get Christmas off :dwarf::dwarf: Even if its only so they can save on the heating and leccy bills
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Oh i thought you did. Was looking forward to that as well haha or well
  5. No. You get extra beastings.

Have fun.
  6. Oh brilliant, cant wait for that then haha
  7. You'll get a 2 week "mid course leave" just prior to the start of your phase 2.

and the closing of the DAOR window! Mwhahahah!
  8. Well i guess thats better than nothing haha
  9. They're telling you fibs, leave is a right not a privilege, you have rights. Go in and let them know you can't be fobbed off. Demand your mandatory 2 weeks SUMMER leave, the clue is in the title.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Indeed... As an entitlement, what you need to remember is that your Directive Staff (DS - AKA jumped up full screws on a power trip) will also want to exercise their 'entitlement' over summer too. They'll also have families and fat wives who'll be nagging them about taking time off to do their share of the parenting etc. So with that in mind, you can pretty much expect your August to consist of at least two weeks of trying to tap some skirt in a vain attempt of releasing some of them stacked up hormones, shortly before returning to coughing your yoghurt in the far cubicle after everyone else on your wing has gone to bed.

Edited to add: just noticed by your username you might be female. In which case delete skirt, insert beefcake and delete yoghurt, insert reading 50 shades of grey and texting the woman in the next bed to you about her facebook status she just uploaded.

In summary, yeah you'll get leave.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. So your saying i should get it?
    My situation is im not in basic until this sunday but my boyfriend is in basic and hes been told that his camp(pirbright) are getting the two week leave so i wonderd if id get it too but i'll be at a different camp (winchester)
  12. Hahahaha thats the funniest thing ive ever read! :D :D
  13. Don't worry about summer leave with your boyfriend.

You'll be a full on dyke by then.
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Hahahah not so sure about that one! Lol. But i wernt worried about leave with the boyfriend. Just wanted to know if id get the time off! Ha
  15. No it's not.