Summer cocktails.

Time for a trawl of the ARRSE collective's knowlege on cocktails.
A group of us are having a cocktail evening in a couple of weeks, nothing fancy just a group of friends getting swallied!
Apart from the usual mohitos, gin slings etc, does anyone have any good cocktail recipies.
We will have all the usual spirits (including a very nice 94% dark rum) plus ice crusher, mixers and fresh fruit juices.
What we wont have is stuff like cinnmon syrup, orange blossom water and all the other crap that seems to be an essential ingredient in modern cocktails.
Does anyone know of a good cocktail containing proper still cider?

Over to you lot. The more stupid ideas may be considered later on in the evening!

Dark and stormy would suit that 94% rum. Pint glass, a few ice cubes, add a can of ginger beer and top up with the darkies.
If you want to live dangerously, use alcoholic ginger beer.

You can Google a list of booze you have in your cupboards and certain sites will give you cocktails to get rid of the hooch. You just have to get fruit juices etc.
Some friends of mine did this a while back and it was disconcerting how many cricket hard men and rugger buggers went for the pina coladas.
If you just want to get on one, drink martinis. Booze slighty cut with more booze never fails to do the trick. And you can pretend you are 007 or a famous literary soak whilst sinking them.

Dark and stormy would suit that 94% rum. Pint glass, a few ice cubes, add a can of ginger beer and top up with the darkies.
If you want to live dangerously, use alcoholic ginger beer.
Mmm dark and stormy. Lime juice can be added to make it one of your five a day. Spent many a happy hour drinking dark n’ stormys in Bermuda waiting for the Mrs to arrive on a boat, and the habit hasn’t left us.

Newcastle Brown and Ginger Beer, best cooling mixed drink ever. Serve in silver or pewter as it looks disgusting.

CFB.

Take an Orange from the box

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Punnet of strawberries, can even freeze them.
Place strawberries, ice and some sugar in a blender with rum.
Blitz.
Half fill glasses and then top with lemonade.
Strawberry daquiri.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mmm dark and stormy. Lime juice can be added to make it one of your five a day. Spent many a happy hour drinking dark n’ stormys in Bermuda waiting for the Mrs to arrive on a boat, and the habit hasn’t left us.
A favourite in this household.

Mrs F. Had one at a friend's hotel recently. Goslings rum with goslings ginger beer.
So as she mentioned it a fair few times decided to get her the makings for her birthday.
The slab of ginger beer cost more than the rum!

Negroni’s and Boulevardier’s are easy and pack a punch. Both share the same ingredients in equal measures or to taste, (sweet vermouth and Campari) only the base spirit differs, Negroni with gin and the Boulevardier uses bourbon. I’ve been sampling both this week and can recommend them thoroughly!
Tequila Sunrises are also easy to make and go down well in a party atmosphere, another personal favourite.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Negroni’s and Boulevardier’s are easy and pack a punch. Both share the same ingredients in equal measures or to taste, (sweet vermouth and Campari) only the base spirit differs, Negroni with gin and the Boulevardier uses bourbon. I’ve been sampling both this week and can recommend them thoroughly!
Tequila Sunrises are also easy to make and go down well in a party atmosphere, another personal favourite.

All hail the Negroni,

Tastes amazing with this

A favourite in this household.

Mrs F. Had one at a friend's hotel recently. Goslings rum with goslings ginger beer.
So as she mentioned it a fair few times decided to get her the makings for her birthday.
The slab of ginger beer cost more than the rum!
I bet! Goslings is apparently best for dark n stormys, but needs must and all that. The trick is to make it with rum that’s not too harsh, and unfortunately most of the cheaper rum is as rough a badgers’.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I bet! Goslings is apparently best for dark n stormys, but needs must and all that. The trick is to make it with rum that’s not too harsh, and unfortunately most of the cheaper rum is as rough a badgers’.
Gosling's is the only rum for a Dark & Stormy, it's a trademarked cocktail, anything else is just Rum & Ginger

Does anyone know of a good cocktail containing proper still cider?

Over to you lot. The more stupid ideas may be considered later on in the evening!
Now lizten 'ere moy boy, we dun't go mezzing abat with I zider. Juzt he get he down thy nick.

Zider I up lanlord!

Latest Threads