Summer Challenge at Grantham is a cluster ****

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by glenb67, Jul 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,my son`s joined up at Grantham Summer Challenge.He`s been there a week and so far he`s bored out of his head,he`s even complaining there isn`t enough PT,all he seems to do is wait around for the staff to figure out what to do next.He`s fed up & bored to tears.He said he`d expected it to be a challenge & push his limits,but no.Even ex regs can`t believe how un organised it is...What the hell is going on with the so called Summer Challenge.When I did my basic training over 25years ago I was running around like a headless chicken,I never had time to be bored....I was going to ring the wo2 of training ,but my son said not to ,incase they pick on him.

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No, you must call up the WO2 and tell him exactly what you, and your son, think of his training programme.

I bet your son won't complain about being bored and not enough phys for too long after that.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bit of a challenge for him then is it? :)

4. Wah shield up!

If you were in 25 years ago you should know how bad an
    Idea it would be to phone up for 'your son'.

Wah shield off!

Although looking at your only other post, are you sure you're not an instructor hoping for some feedback on rumours!!! ;)

5. "dis-organised"

6. Christ if your sons complaining about doing nothing as a reservist, wait till he works in a regular unit. Furthermore ringing the DS to complain on behalf of your son is the gayest thing ever.

7. Yes I know what a bad Idea it would be,thats why I haven`t called him up.I`m just upset that the training standards have dropped so much.

8. ooh so sorry.....its more like organised chaos.:-D

9. If he wanted a challenge he should have come up to do the one in Scotland......the AT involves wandering all over the Cairngorms in this wonderful dry weather we're having...Drowned Rats spring to mind, the first week always tends to be disorganised no matter how well planned.

10. Not too sure what the problem is. He is being given and accurate and realistic taste of TA life. I used to get this every Wednesday and most weekends. Welcome to the world of pissed PSI's and "should have left years ago" SNCO's

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hi,he said the most challenging thing he`s done is trying to work the washing machine..lol

12. Come on if its at Willies Bks in G'ham, its TA and its RLC.

What exactly is it you're after? Professionalism?

13. :thumleft:I know.As you get older you always think that it was better in my day lol....RCT

14. I Know he`s joining the SAS ( saturdays & sundays ) and there Motto is Who cares who wins...=-D

15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He hasn't been on the bus off the bus enough yet.